My parents also flew out in time for BOTH sets of grandparents to be here on this BIG DAY!!!!
Everly's Baby Blessing and Emerson's Baptism
Angel-girl in her dress
Family picture before Emerson's baptism
Which of COURSE I had to weed through the pictures to find one where we all look "normal" to get the above picture and not so much.........well..........this kind of stuff....
But heck....even Iris and Camden's photobombing was a WHOLE lot better then the family picture from Bronson's baptism (2011) when everyone looked PAINED to be there.
But back to Emerson's day.........
The priesthood men with the little-man-of-the-hour, Emerson.
Smith grandparents
Degn grandparents
Dad had to run in to finish practicing the special musical number that Aleeya and Iris were going to sing. I love this picture because it reminds me of singing along with my dad when I was younger.
After basking in that sweet memory-filled-feeling, I walked out in the hallway to see Emerson like this.....
For a kid who NEVER wears shoes, I found it funny I had to remind him he didn't need to wear them to be baptized!!!!
Emerson asked RA to baptize him. I just love this picture!
And this...... (I just couldn't crop Kellyn's sweet face out of this picture)
Both grandmas gave talks and Aleeya and Iris sang.....(well, ALEEYA sang....Iris was there for her mumbling-background effect we like to have for duets)
Emerson was baptized and then received the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands (by those who held the Priesthood to do so......summary here in a previous blog post)
(Yes, I was sneaky to snap one with my phone right before Brooks started the prayer)
We were so grateful for all our friends of our church and friends not in our church who decided to come!
And those shoes I had to get him to take off before he was baptized?.......well, they were QUICKLY kicked off right after.........along with all of his brother's shoes too.

















4 comments:
Your kids are the cutest little people ever! I mean, honestly.
Love all of your family pics! I am sure it takes awhile to dig through and find old pics, but we appreciate it, so thank you!!
congrats to Emerson!
Gosh. I'm so in love with your family! What a wonderful time with both grandparents. Lucky LUCKY kids.
I cannot stop laugh at the picture from 2011. I mean, I honestly BURST out laughing.
I just scrolled back to look again. It is hilarious. I can't breathe.
What a special day! I know it was so exciting for you to have so many family and friends to share it! Was that a picture of your neighbors??
Your family just exudes love everywhere you go! Everyone wants to be included!
How fun to have all the grandparents there. I love the picture of the the boys kicking off their shoes in the front yard. My boys are undressing the whole way home. They just can't get out of their church clothes fast enough. What makes that old picture so funny is that everyone looks so miserable, but Bronson is super super happy!
Post a Comment