Let the tickle/torture fest begin!!!!
R.A. walked through the door and my kids jumped all over him. They LOVE Brooks' dad. He squeezes/tickles them/holds them in a wrestling hold while he says, "Say I LOVE YOU!" and in order to get released my kids have to scream
"I LOVE YOU"
(and they do)
Iris just wouldn't leave R.A. alone, she loved it. This is when she was sitting on his lap and she put her hands on his face and said, "RA, can I keep you forever?"
Meeting Everly...........their 16th grandchild.
Miss Kellyn Pat wasn't sure WHAT to do with the guests. Grandma just swept her up in her arms without asking and that was all she wrote.......Kellyn was stuck to her the rest of the trip. Maybe it's because they share the name Pat..... ;)
Grandma WAS able to get a break from Kellyn for a little while and hold Everly for the first time...
that is until Kellyn saw it and immediately wanted to stake her territory (it's funny she has never done this with me and the baby!)
So much for one-on-one time with Everly.......
And then it REALLY got ugly when Grandma had to go to their hotel for the night......
They were only here a few short days, but they DID get the chance to sit in close quarters around the dinner table with 8 young kids in a echo-friendly dining room......lucky them.
There was obviously a lot of backyard basketball playing, game-watching, throwing the baseball and of course......golf.
RA and Grandma took Bronson golfing one afternoon.
and Kellyn was NOT happy to see Grandma leave to go golfing!!!! Talk about torture.
Thankfully Kellyn didn't see me sneak Pat out with me one day to run to the store. It was AWFULLY handy to have her around to hold Everly. She even got her to sleep.
When Emerson turned 7, R.A. challenged him to read the Book of Mormon (aloud to me or Brooks so we can discuss it) before he was baptized. Emerson had three more pages when R.A. got here and saved them to read with him. This picture warms my heart.
One of my FAVORITE pictures of their trip would probably be this one. On Iris' birthday Grandma and RA picked up Iris to take her to lunch at Daddy's work (the hospital). Clearly she was excited.
Here Brooks is with his parents at work
Walking through the hospital. Pat and I were trying to take pictures and Brooks turned around so embarrassed that we were snapping pictures while they were walking. I was able to grab this one before he told us to stop. :)
The birthday girl
Later that afternoon (and after naps....made obvious by Iris' face) they had to say good bye to RA and Grandma.......so sad.
But not before one more tickle-torture, "SAY I LOVE YOU"
"I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!"


.jpg)













2 comments:
These are DARLING pictures!! I love the kids jumping all over RA, but Iris with her hands on his face is my favorite!! Cute Kellyn's hair is sure getting blonde and long. I love the picture of her trying to get on Pat's lap while Pat is holding Everly! These pictures are the perfect grandkid/grandparent photos...the kids look SO happy!! Iris looks beyond excited to have a special lunch date with Grandma and RA. What a fun trip!
Yep, RA pretty much just touches the kids now and they say I Love You. They've learned just to say it quickly! It looks like you had so much fun together. My favorite picture is Kellyn crying for grandma. It reminds me of Muffet because she just loves Grandma so much. It's always so nice to have family with you for the special events!! Tell Emerson congratulations on his baptism. I was going to send something with Pat, but my recent handicaps kept me from getting something together.
Post a Comment