Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I've been deceived.....

You know that moment when you have believed in something your WHOLE life, recited your WHOLE life and then suddenly found out that it was all a lie?

I TOO, discovered that feeling last week.

You see these boys of mine  climbing the TREE?...
 Yes, I'm sure you do considering bathrobes and neon aren't that camouflage-y. 
They are in our Mulberry Tree.
Let me repeat that..........
our mulberry TREE!

As soon as I found out what it was I immediately thought, "Nah, that's not a mulberry TREE, because everyone KNOWS the monkey chases the weasel around a mulberry BUSH!!!"

But indeed it is......
 And they are SUPER yummy too. They are small berries and there are so many that it seems like we can never run out. Which is REALLY good when you have a lot of kids and two parents so berry crazy.......
and neighbor kids......
the neighbor kids didn't stay TOO long because their grandma called over saying to stop eating them because they are poisonous and have thorns all over them. Huh.......aaaaaaaaallrighty then. Clearly she has NOT seen the (thornless) tree nor eaten mulberries. Oh well, more berries for us.

In the week that we've been eating them it's been so nice to just walk out and eat to our heart's content. It DOES cause one problem though because when the kids get home from school they go right there to snack. I'm kinda a stickler and don't give them snacks after school until their rooms are clean. Camden came home one day and we said our hellos and then I reminded him to go clean his room. He just walked downstairs and out the door to eat his berries. Smart kid......although he STILL had to clean his room later. I wasn't going to let a BUSH-TREE nor a 9 year old get the best of me!!!

So next time you sing that song, for THE SAKE OF ALL THINGS HONEST, just substitute the word "bush" in your mind to "tree".
Say "no" to lies.

4 comments:

Garett and Rachel said...

You have ruined my childhood.

Linsey said...

I think my favorite part of this is the bathrobe! I love that your boys love their bathrobes so much!! Although, I am left wondering what other childhood songs I know of that are blatant lies :)

Babelicious said...

Happy Mothers Day! Just hanging out with the kids is my favorite way to spend the day!

Emma and Dan said...

I love getting insights into your house rules because I have such a hard time managing my 3. I love the rule about no snack until your room is clean. Love it! Elena's room never stays clean for long and it drives me nuts. She's content to play in there for hours by herself when I send her there to clean, but if her afterschool snack is on the line...that might actually work. :)
I am, by the way, appalled that mulberries grow on trees. Why did they ever change it to "bush"? They are both one syllable and bush isn't part of a rhyme. Lame.