Here I go.....FINALLY documenting our first week with Everly.
Everly's FIRST picture ever right after she came out and Brooks was cleaning her up.
Everly with her doctor.........her very PROUD doctor.
All right........ready for bed. She was exhausted.....or maybe she just didn't like the oversized hat.
I mentioned the kids were so excited to wake up to Everly in the morning. Brooks grabbed my phone and video-taped when Royce and Kellyn came into our room in the morning and their reactions.
HERE
I LOVE LOVE this picture of Royce with Everly. It almost looks like she is smiling in it and of course, Royce is smiling.
Kellyn with her little sister. In this picture you can really see her chubby face.
The girls came in next.....they were REALLY excited.....TOO excited to care about holding the baby's head, I guess.
Aleeya's face says it all.
Emerson came in and thought she was so cute. We told him her name was "Everly" and he said, "WHAT?!?! That's a HOWWIBLE name!" and he stomped out.
Then he came in later all smiles and ready to hold her. Seriously......
Good ol' Camden.....he has the SOFTEST spot for babies.
Just admiring her.
My bookends.......
We have 9:00 a.m. church and it was Easter Sunday. Brooks told the kids they couldn't hold her again until they were ready for church. That was the QUICKEST Emerson had ever gotten ready.
I wanted a picture of all my kids before they went to church. They ALL wanted to hold Everly so they had to pick a number between one and twenty.
Bronson won.
All EIGHT of my children..........EIGHT?!?!?!? Everly is 9 hours old here.
They all left for church while Everly and I slept.
I tried to capture some of the many faces of my sweet girl during her first few days.
The first-day-swollen-face-cheek-chub look
Her sleepy-long-Smith-kid-finger look
The my-older-sister-can't-keep-her-hands-off-me look.
Seriously, SO SO many pictures have Kellyn's hand in them.
The Scowl
The Monkey Face
Her Chillin' look
Her I'm-not-even-12-hours-old-and-you-put-a-bow-ON-ME?!?!?! look
I LOVE LOVE LOVE baby hands and feet. I love it how their feet are so soft but have the wrinkled look.
And their hands.......oh, how I love them. Iris asked why her hands "looked old" and Camden said because they turn like raisins just like his do when he's in the bath for too long. Yep, that's about it.......here are Everly's sweet water-logged-raisin-turned hands.
This was when she was one day old (hence the red-skinned look) but I just love how the kids could sit and stare at her.
And in the hospital I can't just ask the nurse to say, "Hey, can you just hand out in here with the baby so I can take a shower?" like I can at home. Camden is always MORE then happy to snuggle Everly and "protect" her to make sure Royce/Kellyn/Iris don't get her alone. ;)
But Iris IS very trustworthy if Everly needs company. I asked Iris if Everly could watch her play dolls and this is how they were for about 30 minutes.
Here is Everly in her VERY first Family Home Evening. She was our honorary guest.
Like I said, they could just sit and stare at her.....
I don't think Royce has ever heard a baby with the hiccups but for some reason it REALLY cracks him up. I took a video of him laughing over it. It's so funny.
This is BIG!!!! She took a bottle so easy. Didn't even question what was in her mouth. YAY!!!!
And the other kids are excited to have a new something to "play" with. Here they are with their new trumpets......hope they enjoyed it while it lasted because this was their LAST time playing with them too.
Joining our dinner.....
Milk drunk......she's an addict
To celebrate her 1 WEEK BIRTHDAY, Brooks went and got doughnuts and OJ for breakfast.
































7 comments:
I remember how much we fought over Nathan (our #8) when he was born. Of course, I was quite a bit older than Bronson (I was a senior in high school at the time) and so I got a lot of "quality time" with him (aka babysitting). It's hard to believe the rambunctious nine-year-old he is now was once as tiny as Everly! And I love that last picture of her, so sweet!
She is precious Baloo! And the kids are so adorable with her too! We wish we could meet her in person, but these pictures are great!
I got all teary reading this! And I laughed. Oh I love your family. Emerson's reaction to her name! And Camden looks so grown up!! I loved teaching him in primary, always with that twinkle in his eye but he was so well-behaved for me. Everly is UNBEARABLE CUTE. Her little bare tummy in the bottle picture!! Royce looks so in love in the video where he meets her! I know its got to be a ton of work having eight babes to raise, but man the payoff moments like this--I mean it melts MY heart and I'm not even there with you. Thanks for sharing her.
I've never been so convinced that it's time to have another baby... you make is sound so appealing!! Everly is perfect.
This was a GREAT post!! She is so perfect! I teared up seeing those sweet pictures of Everly with her siblings and seeing those adoring looks they gave her!! Seriously, she is perfect in every way. I love that last pic of all the kids...such a beautiful family :)
I have been waiting for this post and have already read it twice! I didn't comment the first time so I had to come back. She is gorgeous, your family is precious, you are Super Mom, and I am so grateful that you blog so the rest of us can be a part of your family's journey!
LOVE IT!!!! Congrats Melissa! I read blogs on my phone almost all the time now, and commenting on my phone isn't as convenient. Wow, I can't believe she is here! YAY! Did you plan all along to have her at home? So convenient with Brooks line of work and all, ha ha. I love that the kids woke up Easter morning and saw a new sibling in the house!!! I really hope you are feeling pretty good, if at least just okay!
Post a Comment