Friday, April 4, 2014

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I get REALLY REALLY excited over the first weekend in April and the first weekend in October.....and if I told you it was because I was going to watch 8 hours of meetings, you would think I was crazy......but let me explain.

There are people that read my blog who aren't the same religion as me and have asked questions before. This is a PERFECT way to get many of them answered!!!!!

On Saturday and Sunday there will be talks given by our church leaders from 12-2 and then 4-6 (both days).......eastern-standard-time. The way we listen/watch them is just going to lds.org and clicking on "Watch General Conference" . (I guess I should probably mention that any and all leadership or callings in the church is 100% done through volunteer service. There are no paid clergy-men/women in the church.)

These talks are actually available to listen/read after if you miss them live, but truly, they are so uplifting. I finish listening to them and want to
-dedicate my life more to Christ,
-make my prayers more sincere, 
-think about others a little more, 
-be a better mom and wife
-immerse myself in scriptures more
-re-focus my life on things that really matter
and really just burst with joy on the wonderful love that Heavenly Father shows to His children here on earth. The reminder of that Someone is aware of me and my needs is the most wonderful feeling ever.

Don't believe me? Watch this........ (it's one minute)


For eight hours this weekend I will hear words given from Heavenly Father through his prophet and apostles that are just for me. I'm sure the people of the Old Testament felt the same way every time Moses got up to speak or the people that followed the Savior from place to place just PLEADING for more words from His mouth as they wandered around the countryside in Israel.

I invite you to watch too.......and then you'll know why I'm so excited.

(Now I need to make the shaved ice syrup for the Smith Family General Conference Concession Stand. The kids can't wait!)

No comments: