Saturday, April 12, 2014

Random Week of Smith

Here is a random collection of pictures from the past week.

When Kellyn wakes up it is so quiet and she just walks over to the door and sticks her hand under it. No noise, to crying, no talking.......I will just walk by and see this sweet hand. It warms my heart to just bend down and hold it before I open the door. 

As uncomfty as a big-belluga-whale belly can be, it DEFINITELY has it's perks. Like what is going to be my book holder after I have the baby?!?! Or my cereal bowl rest?!?!?

On Tuesday we had 3 baseball games. Camden's at one ballpark and Emerson and Bronson had their's across town at a different park after. Brooks was working so I took everyone to Camden's game. This ballpark has a really cool creek by it and normally we play in it, but since Emerson was dressed in his game clothes I told him to steer clear of it. So there I was, visiting with other moms and keeping an eye on my "liabilities" (aka- Kellyn and Royce) not even NOTICING that Emerson had disappeared. When we found him he had a muddy face, arms, hands, pants and bum......with tear stains down his cheeks. I guess he found a frog, caught it and then thought it was dead. When he opened his hand to check the frog hopped out and got away. Emerson was devastated.......and dirty.
But we STILL had to go to his game (and yes, I looked like the mother who didn't do ANY laundry before the game and brought a dirty looking child.....whatever.) Here Emerson is up to bat......with his muddy behind.
Aleeya comes off the bus with interesting hair-dos sometimes. She LOVES all the cool braids/balls that her African american friends are able to do in THEIR hair. Every once and a while, they will try their hair style out in my white girl's hair.......aaaaaand.......it doesn't really turn out looking the same. Go figure.

Parent-heart-warming-moment!!!!
Aleeya will ask Bronson to go "throw grounders" with her and he always says yes. He never sighs or acts like he doesn't want to and Aleeya just beams. He coaches her out there too saying, "Put the mitt on the ground", "get your bum down" and "use your other hand to chomp on the ball". Really, it's the cutest thing.

This picture is included because few things make me smile more then looking out my kitchen window seeing my children work. ;)
Royce watching Conference last weekend
Camden and Bronson are spoiled with a sister who will scratch their legs while they watch conference. 
Okay, okay, so I'm spoiled too with kids that will play with my hair and brush it. One of my FAVORITE things......however, by the looks of this picture it appears I should've been doing HER hair instead of the other way around.
Camden was climbing a tree in our yard and found the 4 most gorgeous eggs in the nest. Aren't they beautiful? We've been watching from a distance and can't wait to see them hatch.
And WHILE he was in that tree taking the picture (like I was really going to climb up there to see the eggs) he turned the phone around and took this picture of my spraying weeds in my beds in the front yard. Seriously, I FEEL normal and like me......until I look in the mirror or see a picture and I think, "HOLY COW!!!! No WONDER everyone is staring at me!!!" My belly is SO big.

Another sneak shot Royce took. Nothing like stripes to show the real size of my belly. haha

A LOT of shaved ice making during Conference time......which is fine because I haven't tried better ice then from the machine we bought a few years back (when Brooks was going to open a shaved ice shack). Seriously, best stuff ever.
I look at these next two shots and shine with Mom-pride knowing I'm raising them right at least in this one area........... mangoes. 
Kellyn will suck on a mango seed forever and it will be completely striped of fruit after it. She's definitely has a weakness for her mangoes.



At our Thursday games it turned cold for the 7:15 game of Bronson so we brought a blanket. As soon as I put it around me, the kids all wanted to get under too.

What's funny, is there actually is a kid under there that isn't mine, but I still feel like that one Mom/lady on the Nutcracker (was that it?) that had the big skirt with all the kids under it.

And they were GIGGLING the whole time......like beside themselves. Enough that random people were laughing because you couldn't help it. A grandpa guy from a player on Bronson's team walked up to take a picture and said, "I'm sorry if this is creepy but I have to take a picture of this. It makes me too happy."
I just love my happy Kellyn's face.




3 comments:

Linsey said...

That last picture is so sweet with Kellyn's big grin and you looking at her...not to mention the little legs under the blanket behind you! Great picture!! I can see why the guy wanted a picture too! Papi's such a good kid, that's so sweet seeing him out helping Aleeya learn to catch. And I love the story of Emerson catching the frog, with the follow up picture!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Love the hand under the door! So cute. You look great Melissa!!!

Babelicious said...

Kellyn's hand under the door is so sweet. Muffet's the same way. She just hangs out quietly in her room until we come get her. I should teach her the hand trick. You do look like Mother Ginger/Buffoon from the nutcracker with all the kids under the blanket. I laughed at Emerson mowing the "grass." I've never seen grass like that before. It looks like there are just a few patches here and there. Lincoln says to tell you the eggs look just like Easter eggs.