Aleeya's outfits for school from the FIRST part of the year definitely entertained us (post)......
but don't you think for a SECOND that she hasn't kept on going with her fashion (or lack thereof) sense.
Once again.....clothes when we leave the house rules:
It needs to be NEAT (not wrinkly/ripped/etc)
It needs to be CLEAN
(for Aleeya anyway, the boys have an extra rule to wear "nice" shorts to school and not basketball/play shorts)
Other then those, she can wear whatever she sets out for school.
Sometimes she surprises me and actually gets a good color-coding thing goin' on....even though no one else would think to put such a "creative" outfit together.
During cooler weather I started noticing her wearing her boots OVER her jeans/leggings. I personally don't wear my boots like that, so she clearly is observant and takes notes or something and sees other women/girls wearing that too.
Well, THAT, or she has watched Barbie and the 3 Musketeers too many times.........let's just say it's the first reason.
Maybe one thing she DID pick up from me is wearing cardigans....
And the next two outfits must be inspired by her father's fashion sense. I'm convinced of it. There's no other way to explain them
(this picture is actually my personal fav of all the outfits on this post.....hearts/flowers/tiger stripes ALWAYS go together.....duh!)
(Poor Aleeya was HEARTBROKEN when she came home from school that day with a new hole in her knees of those pink/tiger striped leggings from recess. She knew we would throw them away .....and to be honest, I was RELIEVED those things were gone. But you have to admit......she went out wearing them with a BANG!!!)
When the weather started turning more springy I tend to favor my flats.
Shortly after Aleeya started wearing her's everyday......maybe she does take more mental notes then I think.
Whoa, whoa whoa...........scratch that! For the RECORD, I do NOT wear crocs with neon striped socks.
So I think it's safe to say she comes up with every outfit with her own imagination!
And then she adds her "I'm-the-most-beautiful-person-in-the-world" smile and heads out the door to school.
Then after receiving many compliments (or so I'm told) on her outfits by her fellow classmates and teachers at school she comes home and changes into her usual swimsuit..........like her sisters.









4 comments:
I think I mentioned this before, but Hallie would be jealous of the amount of clothes Aleeya has!!
This post just put a HUGE smile on my face!! That smile with those outfits is the best! However, I LOVE the last picture of Kellyn in her swimsuit with her big sisters! Those little girls will have so much fun with little _____ Esther Smith!! I can't wait to see the other girls fashion sense, having Aleeya as their little runway model :) Thanks for the smile!!
Her confidence and creativity and smile!!!!!! Seriously, I think she must be such a bright spot for so many people at her school. She radiates happiness! Love this post. You are an awesome mom for letting her rock her style!
Hallie has the same shirt. It is good to get some new ideas for how to wear it. (The blue and green one with hearts)
Post a Comment