Introducing our newest princess
(although we all think it feels like she's been with us forever because "she just fits"):
Everly Esther Smith
9lbs. 4oz.
11:00 pm - April 19th
You know when you wake up and just know that the baby is going to come that day? Well, I had that moment Saturday morning....in fact I even carb-loaded by making pancakes in the morning and all. Then you line up a babysitter because you think it's time to take the kids over in the morning and tell Brooks he MIGHT not make his basketball (coaching) game at 9:00a.m. on account of having a baby and all.
Then everything just stops. Even a walk in the rain to the grocery store to buy pineapple (apparently it's supposed to help with efacement.......old wive's tale, I know, but I was going to do anything) and 6 other bags of heavy things to carry home didn't help get things started again. Oh well......at least the Easter Bunny came Saturday morning so the kids could just eat candy all day because I hadn't really PLANNED on making lunch or dinner because....ya know, I was going to have a baby and all. I guess Miss Everly had other plans, so I decided to make new ones and invite our friends over for shaved ice that night. We had a great time visiting and it kept my mind off my belly that kept crying-wolf (or maybe WASN'T crying wolf at this point). They left at 8:30pm. We cleaned/mopped up shaved ice spills and the kids were in bed by 9:00pm.
Looking back at the time frame of how everything panned out it sure is crazy that Everly had arrived by 11:00pm......and awesomely caught by her dad......perks of having a loving husband + a competent doctor all wrapped into one husband. It was like nothing else I had experienced and quite a moment the three of us shared......Brooks, Everly and myself......something that will always just be our's. (Gosh, I'm tearing up typing this......I'm such a sap)
There were moments of sweetness, intensity, laughter, I-wanna-die-pain, meaness (apparently I was kinda mean to Brooks at many points? Yea, I don't remember that), tenderness, stillness, togetherness and definite did-that-sound-just-come-out-of-my-mouth moments but every one of them are special and worth it.
By midnight everything was cleaned up in our bedroom, I had showered, the baby was fed and there was no trace of anything of the momentous event that just occurred. We settled into bed and fell right asleep.......one of the most restful, peaceful and content sleeps I've had in a long time.
No one was more surprised by the new arrival then the kids when they woke up on Easter morning to find their new sister AT HOME!!!! Obviously when they went to bed the night before they had no idea. But I'll post pictures of all those things later. I've been enjoying the laid-back atmosphere of being home, being spoiled and being so in love that my darn eyes have a hard time keeping dry.
11 comments:
This is such a great story! I bet Everly will love hearing it over and over again as she grows up. ^_^ Congratulations on your beautiful little girl!
Oh, and this made me think of this similar story: http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-evie-miracle.html
How thoughtful of the little lady to time her birth for when your friends had left and your kids were tucked away in bed for the night. Way to go, Dr. Smith and supermom, Melissa! 9lbs, 4 oz!! Thats's pretty big for a Smith baby, no? Congratulations to you all. Im sure youre all having fun snuggling that sweetness.
I love this and already love Everly!!! She is so precious and sweet! And I LOVE the name! So happy for you and that it was such a great experience!
Congrats!!! How exciting for the kids to wake up to her being home!!!
AMAZING. Love it. What a great surprise!!!!
Can't believe how perfectly the timing worked out. Dying for more details on the birth!!!!! Congrats, she is beautiful and incredibly blessed to be born into your family.
I've been checking the blog patiently to read about sweet Everly. I knew you wouldn't leave me hanging long. You are a supermom after all. I'm so happy for y'all and glad that you had such a wonderful and mostly peaceful experience. I'm like Page though - I'd love even more details. So greedy, I know. ;)
Everly is a wonderful name and she's a beautiful baby. Can't wait to see her grow up via the internet. Miss you!
AHHHHHHHHH I don't even want to think about how that happened SO fast, but I LOVE that you are happy and healthy and so is baby Everly!!!
CONGRATULATIONS. What an AWESOME story the 3 of you are all a part of.
I'm sure the kiddos were BEYOND surprised to wake up with a new baby!
what a beautiful little girl!!! Congrats! Can't wait to see more pictures of the sweet girl.
This is so perfect. All of it.
Your kids are so adorable and perfect that I think the world is grateful that you have 8! The world is better with Everly in it! I LOVE the name, I LOVE the story, and I LOVE your sweet family.
I was really excited about this post since I had been stalking you. It was sweet and perfect. I can't wait to read even more about her!
Post a Comment