I can't believe this sweet face has grown up and is now 8 years old!!!!
He's had me since Day 1 and STILL claims to be my "only snuggle buddy"....DEFINITELY a Momma's boy.
He's such a happy and friendly kid in a nature and has always been such a good sport!!!
See? (GOSH!!!! That smile STILL gets me!)
Well, now that I think about it, he has a tough time losing (like his mom) and he has so graciously taught the paraplegic melting to Royce now....but I STILL wouldn't want a day w/o experiencing this boy's natural happiness for life.
Emerson was so sweet in not wanting me to do "too much work" since I'm "about to have a baby". He REALLY wanted a Pokemon pinata (Pokemon has taken over our home.......unfortunately) and handed me 6 different cards to look at. I could CHOOSE which one I wanted to make for his pinata. haha.
I went with Sneasel.
Emerson just could NOT wait to get his hands on it and paint it after I had it made.
He actually painted the whole thing by himself and I just added the eyes and yellow-diamond-things-who-knows-what-they-are. He was soooooo happy with it and it made it all worth it to me. (there's a little part of me that has a hard time turning over something that took a while to make into someone else's hands!!!)
On the day of his party (actually a hour before) Iris found a box turtle in our backyard. It was PERFECT timing......because it entertained the younger ones the whole party that I barely saw them! (notice there are no pictures of them at the party......literally, they were entertained and not ever by the action)
Emerson wanted his friends over for spaghetti and ice cream sundaes. I'll tell you what (besides Camden) these boys can PUT DOWN SOME SPAGHETTI!!!!
Of course he was happy with all his presents from his friends.....seriously....his smile.....
His party was last Thursday but his actual birthday was yesterday, the 14th. So that's when the family gave him a cake and his junk box. He couldn't WAIT to open up his box!
Here is Emerson with his OVERSIZED (taller then he is) iguana stuffed animal and his junkbox from us. He is one happy kid.
But my favorite picture of the WHOLE ENTIRE birthday ordeal is this next cake-shot. I told him to look up at me and smile, but he just couldn't. He really couldn't take his eyes off his Pokemon figurine cake. This look is the look EVERY mom wants to see on their child's face on their birthday!!!
And now that his birthday is finished, I can breathe in knowing that at least I won't have two of my kids' birthdays on the same day!!!!!









4 comments:
I remember Emerson from medical school, and he was the SMILIEST, happiest baby!!!!! He has the best personality!!!
Also, did you take some sort of class on how to make awesome pinatas??? How do you do it? I love that your kids have the tradition of the perfect piƱata for their birthday!
Emerson shares a birthday with our sweet angel baby boy. Can he really be 8? His smile gets me, too. I can feel how truly grateful he is for his pinata, friends, presents, and cake. What a genuinely happy little boy he is. Happy 8th birthday, E! Turning 8 is such a fun milestone.
Happy Birthday Emerson!! I love the picture of you with your cake. It looks like an awesome cake with tons of toys!!
Sweet Emerson!! Happy Birthday bud!! Just seeing his sweet smile makes me smile :) I love those first picture s of him being thrown in the leaves, they are too cute! I have to say, I LOVE that your kids love turtles and frogs and all sorts of creatures so much!! It makes me so happy, because as kids my sister and I had pet mice, turtles, tree frogs, salamanders and fish...they are the best of pets! You're right, the last picture of Emerson looking at his cake is awesome!!! You can tell he's so enthralled with it. And I'm SO glad you don't have any shared birthdays for the month :)
Post a Comment