Wednesday, April 9, 2014

33

HAPPY 33rd BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!
(DESPITE the fact that Iris woke up saying, "YAY! It's your birthday mom! You're 42 years old!!!)

BECAUSE I'm such a party-animal I decided to do what EVERY mom wants to do on her birthday.....  I loaded up these three rascals to take them all the doctor's to get Iris' shots.
I sure know how to party......

The GREAT part about my birthday though is that it was raining. If there's one thing I love, it's taking a nap when it's raining!!!! So when the three kids went down for naps, SO DID I!!! It was a heavenly 2 hour nap...and I didn't even feel guilty that I wasn't cleaning the house or anything because apparently April 7 IS IN FACT a National Holiday:
No Housework Day.
(I kid you not!)
I find that rather appropriate it landed on my birthday.


If anyone knows me, they know I just LOVE a good humorous card. Brooks (as always) found a gem this year for me. Here is the front:

then the printed part of the inside said: 
"So if you don't like it, you know where you can go to return it!"
BWHAHAHA.

The card went with my "Junkbox" from him.
He asked what I wanted for my birthday and I told him a junkbox. It's a box full of a lot of my favorite things that you don't have to share with ANYONE!!!! I received one EVERY year growing up as a child (when you are one of 8 kids having your own treats/food was quite a big deal) It was all our favorite gift to open. Brooks said, "It's like getting a Christmas stocking twice a year!" Yes, but in my junkbox I don't expect to find mousetraps like I did in my stocking this last Christmas.......

Anyway, Brooks did VERY well this year....here's what was in there:

BAKER'S milk dipping chocolate with strawberries
(It MUST be this brand and it MUST be milk chocolate for me. It is my FAVORITE FAVORITE and Brooks knows it)

TWO Artichokes
(I don't remember a birthday junkbox growing up without artichokes in them....my favorite food)


ROLOS

MILK chocolate covered almonds......an absolute FAV!!!

DARKSIDE Skittles (must be Darkside)


Peanut M&Ms


Like I said, he did VERY well!!!
And the kids did exactly what I wanted from them too. I told them I wanted the WHOLE house cleaned and everyone being nice to each other for just this oooooooooooooone day.
It worked because the very next day I was getting on Emerson for teasing and he said, "Yea, but it's not your birthday anymore so I thought it was okay!"

Thankfully, baby girl didn't make her appearance on my birthday.....because I'm pretty selfish with that day....well, THAT and I need to get Emerson's birthday party out of the way first.
 I can feel it.....33 is gonna be a great year!








7 comments:

Robyn said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Jamie said...

You are the best. Brooks definitely nailed that junk box. That is a great tradition!

gloverfamily said...

I love the junk box tradition!

Linsey said...

I LOVE the junk box idea! What a nice idea, but even better that it's all for you!! My friend has an artichoke tree in her yard, too bad you're not closer or I'm sure I could get some fresh ones for you :) Happy 42nd birthday!!! haha

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Yes, the junkbox is awesome. Sounds like you got an awesome one. I can't believe you went to the doctor's office on your birthday! You are something special! That is one of my least favorite things....taking 1 kid to the doctor's office and have 2 or 3 others in tow just because they have to come. Can't wait to hear about #8's arrival!!!! By the way, what ward are you in? My friend is moving to South Carolina. I should find out if she's moving to your area. Did you recover any chairs?

Niederfam said...

Happy Happy (belated) birthday!!! LOVE the junk box idea……I would include some of yours in mine!!! ;)

Can't wait to hear and see all about this new baby coming…….;)

Suzanne said...

Hey! What's wrong with age 42????

And thanks for the junk box idea a few years ago....our family is loving it, too!