I'll admit, I cringe every time the kids come home announcing they have another school project to do at home. So sue me.
Emerson's was actually something new I had never done before. He was assigned to do a project on camels (in Spanish). He had to research them(by himself), write a page of facts, RECORD himself reading the paper and then make a 3-D model of the animal in their environment. Did anyone else ever have to RECORD themselves?!?! The point is for the teacher to play it for the class......which is not too much different then reading it in FRONT of the class, but who asked me anyway?
Nevertheless and notwithstanding Emerson was SO SO (almost ANNOYINGLY SO) excited to work on it. I didn't want to buy anything for a 3-d camel project so we made one out of marshmallows/glue/toothpicks and then he painted it. Then he got dead flowers outside (I'm a PRO at growing the dead ones) and painted them brown to LOOK like thorns. He made marshmallow clouds and a 3-d sun (actually an applesauce cup covered in tissue paper......don't dis it.)
He was VERY particular about everything and where they should be and I just let him have at it. He kept staring at it after he finished saying over and over how cool it was.
Then for YOUR entertainment, here is Emerson reading his report in Spanish. He only had 60 seconds to record and had to cut out 2 sentences as it was........he didn't want to cut out anymore so he decided to speed read it......granted, he messes up pronunciation of words when he does that, but it still is beyond cute. Adriana, this is for you. ;)...........hopefully it works. Like I said, first time "recording" on this website with the character Emerson created.

9 comments:
this is soooooo cute! (and the video worked just fine!)
He did a great job on the visual!!! Seriously, I feel the same way when my kids tell me they have a project...ugh...homework is enough to keep up on for me! Thankfully Cal and Clark are pretty self-sufficient in that area, but still. I love Fridays because they don't have to do anything for school. Have a GREAT Thanksgiving!
Emerson did AMAZING with his Spanish!!!!!! I loved hearing him speak in Spanish. I know your kids know the language but had never actually heard them speak it. Seriously, I'm super impressed and so proud!!!!!!! It was hilarious watching this huge monster talking in the video with Emerson's little voice. Jajajajaja But the video worked great and you can hear him so clearly. I loved his visual too, very creative. I always sucked at being creative with school projects and if mine ever looked half as good as he's did I wouldn't stop looking at it and smiling. When does he present? I'm excited to hear how it goes!!
Way to go Emerson!! I loved the 3-d camel and hearing his cute voice quickly recite his report in Spanish! So cute!! And way to go on the marshmallow idea!
Your camel is AWESOME Emerson!! I love it!!
He did an awesome job on the diorama and on the recording! I love the idea of just painting marshmallows. I'll have to remember that one! :)
Gah, I wish my Spanish was that good. I only caught aqua and comida, ha! So awesome!
Are you serious??!? A camel out of marshmallows and an entire speech IN SPANISH?!! What kind of creative geniuses are you raising over there?!?!
He better have gotten an A+.
He is sooooo cute!
Post a Comment