Brooks just told me "We should put cameras up in our house and film every minute......we'd make millions." I laughed but didn't think he was serious because our days are pretty boring. Especially today, we didn't go anywhere, they took their naps, I fed them their meals, we deep-cleaned the boys' room, we did homework, etc. Nothing too exciting or nothing worth millions for sure. Then I got to thinking back just on TODAY and thought, huh.......yea, today had it's entertaining moments mingled with "boring". And yes, the below list is JUST from today.......
-Waking up Aleeya this morning..... She didn't move. I came back in later and she saw me and said, "You again?!"
-Emerson LOST it this morning (we're talking melting on the floor and melting down the stairs only to puddle at the bottom of them) because Bronson poured water on him since he wasn't waking up
-Someone was sitting in the bathroom and noticed there wasn't any toilet paper. I asked Royce to go get the toilet paper (he loves doing that) and he came back all proud of himself holding one square of tp.
-At lunch with Iris, Royce and Kellyn, someone passed gas. I asked who it was and Royce was REALLY fast to say, "Iri" (which is his form of Iris.......have I mentioned he doesn't talk well?). Iris said it was NOT her. So I asked one more time who did it (even though I knew it was Royce) and Royce did not skip a beat before he said, "Mommy".
-Aleeya, Iris and Royce led Kellyn up the driveway so they were all sitting in timeout together (you can imagine how effective that was...but I was getting lazy). There was a LOT of giggling. I told them they would stay longer now and Aleeya said, "See? You are ALWAYS mean to me!" Brooks came in just then and said, "Aleeya, are you happy now?" "NO!!!!" "Well, that means you've been disobedient. Because happiness only comes through obedience." Aaaaaaaaaaand, you can imagine how well that went over.
-Me talking to Camden and Emerson, "Now boys, I JUST cleaned your bathroom today around the toilet and on the floors.....", then Emerson interrupted, "We know we know, we HAVE to flush after we poop so our room doesn't stink and our pee has to make it in the toilet. We got it." "Uh, well, I was just going to say to keep your clothes off the floor, but feel free to go the extra mile and do those two things too."
-Iris vacuuming the car out today........that's all I need to say about that, because it was hilarious to watch
-Iris and Royce sneaking my hot dog buns out of the kitchen today to make the "sacrament" in their room. Those were my dinner!!!! So Royce was punished by sitting in the buckle seat....meaning his booster seat that has a buckle on it ( because holds him in there) in the other room. -Immediately when I buckled him (I'll admit, I was pretty hot at this point) he yells, "PEE PEE!!! PEE PEE!!!!" I wasn't going to fall for it, so I (maturely, I might add) yelled back after I closed the door, "FINE! Pee your pants!!!!" Funny how he never peed his pants.
-Camden was telling us about his friends' favorite book called "Moody Dick". I told him I think it was "Moby Dick" and he said, "Oh, I didn't know it was with a 'd'. "
-Brooks asks what they did nice for someone everyday at the dinner table. Bronson talked about picking up someone's book, Camden helped kids in class with their Spanish and at Emerson's turn he said, "I tooted so it could make everyone laugh." Yes, very helpful indeed.
-Aleeya wouldn't say what she did nice for someone because she kept saying, "Mom RUINED my life today. She put me in time out! And my teachers ruined my life today because they asked, 'What are you doing over there?' and DAD really ruined my life because he wouldn't let me go with him and Camden on the bike ride today." So if she amounts to nothing..........we'll know why and exactly which day to track it back to.
-All day I've been trying to keep some contraption on Royce's arm/thumb to keep him from sucking on it. After 4 different and creative tries, I think I finally found a winner. That kid is HUDINI!!! But I might add, my smarts in the end reigned champion.......no one likes sucking their mom's fuzzy pink sock.
-Aleeya just said I was the "Best mom ever! " because I have dance parties with her in the kitchen. "Really?" I asked, because I thought I was just told today that I ruined her life
-Before going to bed, I told Aleeya we needed her to go to bed a little earlier because she was hard to move this morning. Then she said, "I just HATE getting out of bed because I hate taking a shower. That's WHY! I'm just so cold in the shower. And even when you turn the water more hotter then I can't open my crack to let it clean my bum because it's too hot. See? It's not because I'm sleepy that I don't like getting out of bed." Suuuuuuuuure.
Here's to another "boring" day tomorrow......
6 comments:
Where do i even start with this one?!! I think you'd make a million off just one 30-minute episode! Love those Smith kids and the things they say/do!
Your friend Miles summed it up, Where to start?! So funny!! Although, I think there was an error...after Royce blamed passing gas on you, wouldn't he have said, "mommy-a"? I needed a good laugh today and this did the trick! Sure miss you guys and those boring days we had together!
Oh my gosh. I needed these stories today. I am sitting alone on my couch just LAUGHING out loud like a lunatic. Thank you.
This is just wonderful.
I think I'd like to write your biography:
Memoirs of a Million Dollar Mom-Life
Seriously, you are so good at highlighting your life.
Sounds like farts, poop, and bums are an "important" part of your days! ;)
This is such the life of a mom...never a dull moment. That's what makes it so great!!!
Post a Comment