Last Saturday we had pancakes for breakfast and since I usually have to triple the batter I had a small pile of them leftover. I'll leave them out on a plate for whoever wants to nibble on them later.
LITTLE DID I KNOW that they would be so priceless!!!!!!!!
2 hours after breakfast my griddle was still out....and the spatula. (don't judge!) Well, Royce and Iris just grabbed some cold pancakes and played with them on the griddle. Flipping and flipping and flipping.
And STILL going......
45 MINUTES LATER Aleeya decides to join in and then they continued to play for 45 minutes MORE!!!!
HELLO?!?! DID YOU HEAR ME?!?!? That was a whole hour and a half playing with 2 spatulas and three pancakes and a cold griddle!!!!!!
Seriously, who knew not cleaning up from breakfast would prove to be so beneficial?!
I think I'll do it more often..... ya know, not because I'm lazy or anything......I'm only thinking of the kids.



7 comments:
We may or may not have left a box of granola bars and cans on the floor yesterday rather than putting them in the pantry. I'm not going to say whether we did. But IF we did, Charlie definitely played with them for several hours over the course of the day...
I say fire it up and have 'em cook! Think of the possibilities.... Some of which may require 3rd degree burns but hey, you have to weigh your options.
I LOVE it. Leaving the griddle out...I've waited a lot longer than two hours to put it away sometimes! That is SOO funny they played with it for so long. Awesome. We went on a walk the other day on a nature path in NC. TONS of frogs everywhere. Camden would have been in heaven. My kids even caught a few!
Royce looks so official flipping pancakes with his little gut!! So cute! And I love how Aleeya always has her leotard on! Who would of thought cold pancakes could be so entertaining! Elle loves my kitchen appliances so it's good to know they don't grow out of playing in the kitchen for a while :)
Aleeya is wearing a leotard. Love her.
Yes, Royce looks so official flipping those pancakes. I laughed at Iris in the background with the cooking spray. She looks like it's the most important thing in the world. You know, you got an hour of play from making pancakes. The other day, I left the leftover batter on the counter while I did got the kids out the door for school. When I came back in the kitchen Emma had pancake batter EVERYWHERE and that stuff is such a pain to clean up!! I wish I had your scenario.
Agree with Bekah, let them cook them! Hey, Ethan uses my Kitchenaid mixer more than I do now!
Post a Comment