I tell you what, my little Kellyn Pat does NOT like the water. Never has.
Last week was the FIRST bath I gave her that she wasn't crying through the whole thing. (It may or may not have something to do with the fact that I was feeding her a popsicle during the bath.........but that is COMPLETELY beside the point). She is almost 10 months old. Seriously, it's about time she like her baths. I wondered if she was even RELATED to me. How can a bath-obsessive mom give birth to a water-phobe?
Since I had so much (relative) success with the bath the kids decided it was time to introduce her to the wading pool.
She just loved sitting by the side and smacking the water.
Then she would walk away smiling.
Seriously guys, HUGE progress.
Then we stuck her in.........she's really thinking about it and wondering how she feels about it.
Good thing she has such a large support group with her in the teeny pool.
I love this picture. Royce and Aleeya actually look quite a bit alike in the this picture.
My favorite part is Kellyn's sweet hand on the side trying to grab the camera.
Smiles all around...........except for Kellyn
But seriously, the fact she's not screaming her guts out is huge.
HUGE, I SAY!!!!!





6 comments:
She would WALK away! She sure was in a hurry to be on the move! Aleeya is so photogenic. Just TRY to get a pic of her NOT smiling; bet ya can't!
Darling!! She is so cute and looks like such a good little walker! I love how she investigated the water, but I think water would be more fun with a good support group too. Great pic of Aleeya and Royce...they do look a lot alike and so sweet! I think they look like Degn's!
I'm trying to figure out if there's a potential joke here. "How many Smith's can fit in a kiddie pool?" maybe?
The picture of so many of them in the pool with her!!!!!!! She is a lucky girl!!
I cram my kids into a tiny blue wading pool too! :) Kellyn is so cute, but I can imagine that screaming during every bath gets old fast for the mama. The good news is: it looks like she is doing okay in the pool, so maybe it's on the upswing.
Those last two pictures are the best!!! Aleeya really is a mini you! And the last picture of the four of them is awesome even with Kellyn's little lip sticking out.
Post a Comment