Brooks worked his LAST week of his intern year (YAY FOR THAT!) and some of them were later nights.
One day he wasn't supposed to be home until 11:30pm. I almost always stay up until he gets home, either on purpose or it just happens
(On the FLIP side.......Brooks can't stay up past 10 on his own to save his life. When I get home later from the temple, girl's night or whatever I find him in the weirdest places/positions where I can TELL he was trying to stay awake to greet me)
Anyway, before he left he said good-bye and I told him not to expect me awake when he gets home because I was suuuuuuuuper sleepy that day. Of course, that's what I ALWAYS say, so he didn't believe me. Then he said,
"This isn't to make you feel guilty or anything, but I just LOVE it when I come home and the light's on and I hear your cheerful voice saying, 'hi honey! Welcome home!'."
Well, that night I started getting sleepier and sleepier. Then I thought about what he said and I figured out a way to please us both.
(sorry about the quality, Brooks took it with his phone)
(the sign says, "Hi honey! Welcome home.")
And of course she's wearing basketball shorts, because that what I would've been wearing anyway. And my Ariel-like make-up always looks that good at 11:30pm too.
What's funny is that even though I went to bed around 10:30 I still heard him bust up laughing at 11:30pm when he got home and saw this.
3 comments:
LOVE IT! So funny....and creepy, ha ha. Oh, and great make-up.
You are the best.
This is so sweet! I couldn't stop smiling. Thanks for sharing this cute idea, but sweet thing between you and Brooks. It really made my day!
Post a Comment