There's a rule in our house at the table when we eat that you can NOT say things like:
"Yuck"
"This is nasty"
"I hate this"
etc.
Since the consequence of hurting moms feelings stinks for them, mean words about my food have stopped........... until last night.
I tried a new recipe my sis-in-law gave me but ended up having to cut things into tiny pieces, and improvise, yadda yadda.
Anyway, it turned out quite tasty but it was the LOOKS that got Brooks.
I pulled it out of the oven and he came up giggling and whispered in my ear,
"That looks like vomit!"
I told him to WATCH IT because certain things can NOT be said when I'm about to eat or I'll lose my appetite.
I put the dish on the table w/ everything else and the kids said it smelled yummy. (notice nothing against how it looks/tastes because they knew they were walking on thin ice). Then Brooks said with a smile on his face:
"What do you boys think it looks like?"
Bronson safely answered, "pasta". (which it wasn't)
The answer didn't satisfy Brooks' sense of humor last night so he narrowed it down and little and said,
"Okay, but what if you saw that laying in a pile on your bed, THEN what would it look like?"
BWHAHAHAHA. Okay, now I was losing it too.
He's right, it did look like puke.
No one had a response.....or CHOSE to respond.
Bronson was asked to say the prayer and thanked Heavenly Father for the yummy food.
This is when I should turn in my parent/adult card, because Brooks and I lost it laughing.
We could NOT get. a. grip. DURING THE PRAYER!!!!
Why picturing that food laying in one of their beds looking like puke made me laugh, I have no clue.
Oh wait, I DO have a clue, because we have cleaned up our fair share of those piles in beds and to have the culinary talent that I do to recreate that is actually pretty amazing!!!

4 comments:
so did Brookes have to go to bed without dinner?
If it's not pasta, what is it??
I'm very curious, what is the consequence of hurting mom's feelings??
That is so funny about the meal. What did you end up doing? Everyone eat some? I am about the same way with conversation and food. If people start saying gross stuff at the dinner table, I loose my appetite. Like if we're eating pork and they start talking about live pigs...no thanks. But was is so funny is last night Clark said the blessing on our food--pizza at my sister's house. He said "Please bless this food that it will strengthen our bodies-but it probably won't...." I loved that he said it DURING the prayer.
Post a Comment