Last week was pretty busy but it was all so worth it.
We went up to our home in Winston Salem to get it all ready to rent out again. I thought it would be a day's worth of cleaning, but the renter's left it kinda trashed. The kids LOVED "camping" out downstairs all together (only room w/ carpet), playing w/ old friends, getting out of school for 2 days...... but didn't like all the child labor we made them do. However, I'm pleased to say we got the house cleaned, yard mulched, planted, mowed, 8 garbage can fulls of leaves removed and all the trash and junk the renters left behind OUT. NOT to mention the 6 house showings we did.
BUT YAY because we found some renters!!!! We're THRILLED with who we have living in our home now.....like a said, a lot of work, but worth it. We're SO glad we don't have to pay 2 house payments!
Then on Saturday was my "Stress and Time Management" presentation thingy. I had all those "spiritual" and thought-provoking thoughts on my handout so Brooks said I needed the display to be more fun.....more "me". (oh yea, he told me this the night before at 10pm.........how's THAT for time management?!?!)
I made a few posters and one I probably got a little carried away with...........because by the time I finished, Brooks was fast asleep. But if I was going to make something more "me" there's really only one thing to do.........make it rhyme. NOTHING makes me smile more then a good rhyme (I'm one of "those" people that don't think a poem is a poem unless it rhymes. And I cringe when music lyrics don't rhyme either!!!)
I decided I would give a few quick tips that all rhyme with the word "Stress".
When I showed Brooks the poster in the morning he busted up laughing...........not from my tips, but BECAUSE I MISSPELLED THE FIRST WORD!!!!!!! (and it TOTALLY changed the meaning!!!)
Here's how it was originally.......and then later I printed up a new paper that said "Assess your Stress"
Whoops.
Brooks took the boys to their opening day of baseball and to help with HIS stress management, I volunteered to take ROYCE with me to my thing since I heard there was a childcare. Welp, there wasn't. So Royce made a REALLY good object lesson on "stress management" for all those coming to my booth.
I ended up leaving early so I could catch the end of Emerson's game (I missed Bronson's).
Isn't my little Oriole so cute?!?!? (with his little twin)
And my handsome "A".
And look what was brought over last night..........can you guess who it's from? ;)





3 comments:
Wow, that was quite the weekend for you! I wasn't sure if you had done the booth yet or not. It sure would have been fun to have stopped by! So, I would love a big 'ol post (or email) all about renters.....when you have time of course! Right now the plan is to pay off our house (that isn't technically ours yet, ha ha) and later move into a bigger home. But we want to keep the other home as a rental. How did you advertise for renters? What tips do you have in finding the "right" tenant? Any suggestions with deposits? Move out policies? Or ANYTHING??? I am sure that I will still make mistakes no matter how prepared I feel like I am. I am really, really, really interested in having rental houses someday. I would love any input. And great job on getting your house ready! It sounds like it was a lot of work. Too bad it wasn't left in good condition!
That is so inconsiderate when renters leave the placed trashed like that. I would've been furious. That sucks, you guys having to clean so much, but I am so happy you got new people to rent your home!!!!!!!! Your posters were genius! How did it go with your booth? I bet you're glad it's all over, huh.
YAY you! I really have NO clue how you fit it all in and take it in stride. AMAZING.
Sorry the renters weren't CLEAN at all. SO frustrating, but really happy to hear you are pleased with the NEW ones. GOOD LUCK and happy ONE house payment!!!
Post a Comment