Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My last day EVER

in my 20s!!!!

So in honor of it, I wore the most kid-ish shirt I have.....the one with Mr. Potato Head on it. Aleeya says "it's nasty" on me. (like I really care what Aleeya thinks I should wear. If I DID, then I would be wearing tutus w/ Batman caps everyday, wouldn't YOU like to see that!)

I'm actually okay/excited with getting older and now when I enter my 30s it might actually be "OKAY" for some that I have so many kids..............however there's something so finalizing about it knowing that I will NEVER ever EVER be in my 20s EVER again. They're done. See ya. Adios.

But I DID like them. and I sure had fun. So at least there's no regrets.

I can't help but think back though 10 years ago when I was about to ENTER my 20s. What's funny, is that I know EXACTLY what I was doing on this very date 10 years ago. I was:
-finishing up my last semester at Snow College
-engaged to Brooks and planning a wedding
-getting ready to go to the temple for the VERY first time on my 20th birthday (this was the day I opened up Brooks' b-day gift to me.......my temple bag that I still have)
-I had a wedding shower that day
-and basically just WAITING to get into my 20s so I could officially get married and not have to tell my kids I got married when I was a teenager. :)

And tonight, I'm doing ONE out of the FOUR things I asked Brooks for my 30th b-day (which I'll explain those 4 things later)

#1 on the list-
go to TEXAS ROADHOUSE (my fav. restaurant) w/ the Hibbetts. WA-HOO!

7 comments:

Miles said...

I can't wait to hear your other 3 requests!

How fun that you got endowed on your 20th bday!!! So, I didn't know that you got married just a few weeks (or, days?) after your 20th bday. Me too! And, I will also celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary the same month I turn 30!!

I can't wait to turn 30 and HOPEFULLY not look like a teenager anymore ;) You look fabulous and you're definitely the coolest 30-year old I know!

Miles said...

Oh, and duh, the whole point of me leaving a comment was to wish you a very Happy Birthday!!!! Happy Birthday, Melissa!

Emma and Dan said...

Happy birthday! I love that you celebrating the last day of your twenties in addition to celebrating the first of your thirties. I think I'll try the same thing in June. :)

Jenny said...

I am obviously a LITTLE bit older than you having just had my 35th in January. I have to say that I did like my 20s, but I LOVE my 30s and LOVE myself in my 30s!

Happy Birthday Lady!

Stefanie said...

Love the Mr. Potato Head T-Shirt! Maybe Aleeya was saying "nasty" like in a good way! You know like people say "phat" or "sick" or "wicked" or "legit" or whatever else these kids these days say! :)

Suzanne said...

I got endowed on my 21st birthday! (But, to go on a mission, not to get married!) So, it's an easy date for me to remember, too! :)

Janene said...

Geez, it's funny how fast 10 years can go! Happy Birthday Melissa! I looked like you had a great time celebrating!