In fact, sometimes I'm a really dumb one.
I can ADMIT when I'm wrong (maybe a few days later, but I can) or could've done something a little better, and....well.......THIS is one of those times.
Aaaaand it has to do with my new couches. See?

(Emerson displaying his new bike he got for his b-day)
They're BEAUTIFUL right?!?!
I got that sofa, a love seat and a single seat ALL for $350. They were BRAND SPANKIN' NEW too. I was OVERJOYED when I saw them because they're patterned and would probably hide dirt and they're that soft/fuzzy fabric and RIGHT when I touched them in the store I just HAD to call Brooks and say that I'm buying us some couches! (since we were in the market for couches anyway)
I say "touched" them because that's really all I was able to do. They were wrapped in seran wrap type stuff and only one part was unwrapped so I could feel the fabric.
It sounds perfect, I know....but, the problem is that by the time they were delivered to my house I hadn't technically SAT in them.
This is where you're thinking, "Who buys couches and doesn't SIT in them?!?!? That's like buying shoes without wearing them! or a mattress w/o laying down on it!"
Well, if you WERE thinking that, you wouldn't be alone.....because Brooks was RIGHT there with you. So when he saw them he was impressed, because really, they DO look awesome (and I smile everytime I pass that room), and then. he. sat. in. them.
So maybe it's closer to boards with a pillow on top and the back crinkles when you push back on it, but maybe it's not comfortable yet because it's not broken in yet, right?
Afterall, I know 5-6 REALLY capable kids of breaking in couches.
I'm still standing by my purchase and love that I have them because I look at them and it makes me happy..............however, I'm THINKING next time, I might actually SIT in a couch before I buy them or at least ask the store if I could take a nap on it (because these ones make my hip fall asleep when I sleep on them). You don't think they would mind do you?
1 comment:
My folks own a furniture store and yes, people all the time "test drive" the mattresses, couches, recliners, etc. It's almost embarassing to watch!
Post a Comment