As mentioned before I asked Brooks for 4 things for my birthday:
#1- Dinner @ Texas Roadhouse with the Hibbetts

(seriously, my belly hurt from laughing so much. They are hilarious!)
#2- A chocolate-dipping party with my chicas
I was soooooooo excited for this. I was going to provide the chocolate for dipping and everyone else was going to bring the goods to dunk.
Then my friend Nikki (the same one that cleaned my house while I was in the hospital) said for my birthday she's going to come over in the morning and we're going to clean the walls, cupboards, etc. before the big party that night.
Check this out, doesn't it look like a picture that would be in a Visiting Teaching article about the joy of service?

I don't know why we got the biggest kick out of using the timer on my camera and taking pictures of us laughing, but once again, my belly hurt sooooo bad after cleaning.
And the laughing DIDN'T really help out when we were nailing the pictures to the wall and trying to hold it still.

I'm laughing just looking at these again. But what you're NOT hearing is the Veggie Tale music we listened to while we were cleaning. There's something funny about songs about vegetables that don't have belly buttons, don't you think?
Then I bought some couches. Random. I know. But they weren't for my b-day, we were just waiting until we found a deal. And I found it. So I bought them and had them delivered for my party. It makes my living room look not so.....um......student-housing-ish! Love them.
My favorite Brazilian lady brought me over dinner that night as well! My kids love Edi.

And at 8:00, the PAR-TAY began.
It was sooooooooo fun.

There ended up being about 40 ladies come who all love to visit as much as I do.
Combine that w/ chocolate, fruit and cookies and it's a major homerun.
Oh, how I WISHED I could've gotten pictures of everyone, but of course, I was talking a little too much!
Check out this banner Etta even made me

We had a TON of food to dip (and this was taken before everyone got here too!)

As evidenced here, I seem to have piled my plate more then others though........ :)

The last guests left at 1:00 a.m. Hol-ee-fun!
#3- A Junk box
Yep, I wanted another one from Brooks since my box last year was such a hit! What he doesn't KNOW is that Andrea just brought me a WHOLE junk box last night to the party. But "shhhhh", don't tell Brooks, because he's still planning on giving me one! Tee hee
And my last request you ask for my BIG 3-0?
#4- Mary
Who is this AWESOME house cleaner that my friends use and I just want her to come once....preferably Easter weekend (since I like the house spotless for Easter.....I know, once a year, I sure keep my standards high, huh)
Really, I think those 4 things cover about the best start to a new decade ever!
10 comments:
Looks like a super fun Birthday!!
Wow! What a fun day! Happy Birthday!!!
I am laughing looking at these pictures again!! You threw such a great party and it was so much fun. I think I am kind of recovering from it! Thanks for turning 30 and for being you!!!!!
40? holy cow.. i don't think i could hire 40 people to be my friends and to come to my birthday party!
so fun! i'm glad you had a great day. and, i think i'm gonna steal that awesome idea w/ the quote and the kids' pictures. i have a huge blank, bare, naked wall that i'm saving for eventually a piano to sit.
are those vinyl letters stickers? how'd you do that? i like the kids' pics better than the sunflower pics that were up. i love your house! and, you!
Such a fun b-day! I was just thinking today how I needed help cleaning my walls for the big move. The thought crossed my mind to call one person for each wall and then we could all do our walls together! Wish i could've celebrated with you, miss you guys! :)
Happy Late Birthday, you old hag :) Seriously, could you look a little closer to 30 to make the rest of us feel better?
I'm glad you had so much fun. It looks like it was a blast! That's how I know I'm so old. My birthday came and I was like, "Oh, right. Birthday. Um...I guess we could go eat or something?" I am so not any fun anymore. Who's the old hag now, right? :)
I am still so sad I couldn't make it! I'm glad you had a fun time. So who is MARY?? and Why don't I know about her??
Happy, Happy Birthday Melissa! Welcome to the 30s! The other day I was watching a show with Lee and the lady said when she was 29 she was expecting her 5th kid. I was very surprised and told Lee so. Then he said, "Well you were the same." Oh yeah. Pretty funny.
Awesome, you know how to Par-tay!!!!!! Good for you.
So seriously no more than 10 minutes after I finished reading your birthday post Michael came in with an announcement. Apparently he had tried like crazy to line up a woman to come and clean the house for me for my birthday but she couldn't make it. She is now scheduled to arrive sometime next week and I couldn't be more excited! I was so jealous of you and your awesome idea to ask for a birthday house keeper! Now I get my own! Yeehaw! :) Life is good, baby.
Happy Birthday, late! xo
Post a Comment