Thursday, April 14, 2011

Busy week

The entire day after my party (until 1:00am) I was a zombie. It was like I couldn't open my eyes all the way and my contacts couldn't have even been PEELED off my eyes. See? I can't even open my eyes!
(These are the flowers that Emerson and Aleeya picked from the neighbors yard and came in a said, "CONGRATULATIONS, you're the nicest Mommy ever!" I guess that's what no sleep makes me.

With that said, I've had a busy, busy week with teaching preschool, cleaning out clothing bins, preparing for Emerson's b-day (he's 5 today!) and making his "gorilla that stands up with big muscles" pinata, and the usual cleaning/soccer/piano/errand running that I do. So here are some random pictures with no all-inclusive theme.....except maybe, "My Life".

Here is Aleeya making robots w/ her brothers during Conference a few weeks back. Yes, she can be quite the tom-boy sometimes w/ no shirt and a Batman hat, and chewing gum.
Then thereare other days where I make her wear shirts! See?

























This just happens to be my favorite shirt on her, for OBVIOUS reasons! ("Little Miss Chatterbox")

This picture just goes to show how different my two boys are......especially in their body temperature. Here they are ready to head out the door to school. Bronson in his shorts and short-sleeves and Camden in his long sleeves, pants and snow/eskimo coat!











Poor little Emerson was sick on Tuesday night with a 102.2 fever. He fell asleep at 6 then woke up at 6 am the next morning ready to go and bouncing off the walls. I wish Royce would get over his little cold that fast!

Iris, Iris, Iris. She's into everything and LOVES to finish off the mashed potatoes after dinner.........sneaky little thing.












She also thinks she's as big as her siblings and should get the popsicles they get, even if they're bigger then her HEAD!

She loves it when I sing "her song" to the tune of "Barbara Ann" (come on, tell me you all know the 50s-ish songs!) with the whole "I-I-I I-I-ris Ann......ta-ake my ha-a-and....and you know the rest........right?
























I just found out the three blooming trees in our front yard (Dogwoods) are the State tree of North Carolina! I love Dogwoods and I especially love to snip off a few branches and have them in a vase inside. They are just so pretty and last so long.




















And then there is Royce.............. my first child EVER to be a THUMB-SUCKER! And just shoot me if you disagree, but I seriously find it sooooooooooo cute. (This is him getting a little concerned while I'm changing his bum, I'm sure you all would have the same look on your face as well if you were getting wiped down with freezing cold wipes)

Now to go put on the head on the gorilla pinata for my sweet 5 year old's b-day!

1 comment:

McKenna said...

Will is my first thumb sucker too...and I love it. It's so sweet, and they say that the sucking decreases their risk for SIDS. Will is already starting to grow out of it, though...he just sucks on occasion when he startles awake. So maybe we can both avoid that nasty nail polish to get them off the habit, ay?