Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm so lucky


REALLY!!!!

I am usually a BIG advocate of smells and using my nose. So when I'm sick, it's just BITES for me when I can't taste/smell. I always say, "Heavenly Father was soooo nice when he gave me the sense of smell."

But as of last night, I am WITHOUT my sense of smell. Not sure if it's because of allergies or not..... however, I consider myself pretty lucky this time. Why? Well for 2 reasons:

1) Iris pooped this morning RIGHT before I ran the boys to the bus stop. I didn't have time to change it before I loaded them in the car, so in she went, poopy diaper and all. The boys were complaining how "nasty" it smelled in the car, and there I was smiling. However, I wasn't smiling TOO big when I pulled her out and it oozed everywhere up her back, out her leg, and a pile in the carseat...........but I'll spare you the details.........actually, I didn't, I gave them all. But I'm lucky I didn't smell it as I cleaned it up, right?

2) I can't taste, so I just MIGHT be lucky enough to eat healthy for a few days and go w/o treats of all kinds. AND as an added bonus for my kids, they'll get to eat their own fruit snacks! (Note: I LOVE fruit snacks/Fruit by the Foot/Fruit Roll-ups of ALL kinds. Infact, my older kids never tried the red and purple fruit snacks until a good few years after I started letting them eat them......it ended when a BABYSITTER actually gave them all the fruit snacks in the bag w/o picking out the ones she likes!!!! The nerve.) This is good though, because I'm FAR away from my goal size right now and along with the kick-my-hiney gym classes now, I guess I mind as well throw in a good diet.........arg. But now that I can't TASTE, I'm FORCED to eat healthy foods so I don't "waste" the awesomely tasting sweet stuff............I mean, how LUCKY IS THAT?!?!?

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I love fruit snacks, too! We buy the big Costco box "for Gracie" but then Steve takes some to school and I keep some in my purse... :)

The Ward's said...

I fell so bad! You probably got that from me. I haven't been able to smell, breathe, talk, or sleep very well lately!! SORRY!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the details, don't even think about leaving them out! If it makes you feel any better, I'm all stopped up from allergies, too. Seems to have hit a little early this year. Anyways, ya KNOW I just wanna rattle your brains for you thinking you need to go on a diet and for letting an exercise class kick your tail. You know you've got it going on! 6 kids and you put us ALL to shame w/ your hot bod.

The Sanford Family said...

I love the details, too! I don't really like candy but my kids and I have an understanding about hostess cupcakes. I eat the top and they eat the bottom. Hey, it works for us.