Sunday, December 12, 2010

Blending right in

It's hard to believe he's only been here for a week as of today.

I have the best family and friends though. While I was in the hospital, someone brought my family dinner on Sunday, then my close friend, Nikki came over and CLEANED MY HOUSE while I was in the hospital! I couldn't believe how clean my cupboards and kitchen were when I got home. Then 2 friends brought us over dinner AGAIN!
(these people are so nice, because it's not like feeding a family my size is the easiest for everyone. I was just so grateful!)
It was fun to have Family Home Evening with the newest member of our family.
Not to mention Brooks taking over EVERYthing around here.....laundry, snacks, packing lunches, cleaning, stoking the fire, diapers, naps, basketball practice, bus stops, etc. etc. etc......ALL while ordering me to sit down every chance he got. He's the best. The problem with me sitting down though, every time I did, I fell asleep.

I've been spoiled and so has Royce..........see what I mean?
Sally snuggling Royce.......she's pretty protective of him.
To be honest the first part of the week was a little foggy for me. You know that allergy medicine feeling when you're groggy all the time? That was me. It has been different then all of the other recoveries. I wasn't sure WHAT the difference was......my lack of sleep, the nasty cold I caught in the hospital, me getting older or it being my 6th. Either way, I just couldn't feel like I could hit the ground running like I have been in the past.......UNTIL Thursday.
Brooks, once again came to my rescue and Wednesday night just let Royce sleep on his chest all night on the couch. I got 6 hours STRAIGHT of sleep. I woke up and felt like a million bucks. It was like I was FINALLY caught up and FINALLY back to normal...well mentally and emotionally speaking of course.
I finally had the energy to start helping Royce learn to fall asleep on his own and go back to sleep in the middle of the night after I feed him. Ever since then, he's been a champ....going back to bed each time I feed him on his own. I guess I just needed my energy back to be able to help train him and figure out his favorite way of sleeping. It's funny how each baby has their preference: arms down, arms in, on their back, belly or side, wrapped up tight or loose..............I'm just glad we finally figured it out.
He wakes up as he should as a newborn at night, every 3-ish hours. No big deal, just as long as he goes back to sleep after! :)

A HUGE help was my Mother-in-law. She came on Wednesday when Brooks went back to work and took over practically what Brooks was doing before......my laundry, cleaning and cooking. Not to mention making me rest. Seriously, a HUGE thanks to those 2! I felt good enough right before she left to even get some couponing in.....now THAT made me normal! :) She left on Saturday.......and we were all sad, but we had fun while she was here.


She even took on making a gingerbread house w/ the kiddos.

Okay, one more picture of my sweet little boy. Here he is at 1 week old.
He really is sooooo sweet and just a calm little man......not to mention a REEEEALLY good snuggler!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a handsome little man! Really, he doesn't look all red and wrinkly like most newborns, he really is beautiful. I miss having babies in our family, but I doubt my mom would want to add a ninth child to our family at fifty. Besides, she just sent Nathan off to kindergarten and finally has time to herself. :)

Jene and Megan said...

He's adorable!! How could he not be though, seriously?! Congrats again!

Suzanne said...

Your "Normal" came back in just 4 DAYS?!!? That's it! - there's NO WAY we are related - I don't have those genes AT ALL. Now you've got me wondering if I was adopted!
I can't beleive it - I can't "get it together" for about 4 YEARS -- which means I haven't been "Normal" for 15 years now!!! But, maybe in the next little while.....? :)
You're amazing!

Janene said...

What a handsome little man!