Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Twas the Week Before Christmas.....

The Sunday before Christmas...........
do you think this kid could be loved any more then he is?!?!?
Speaking of Royce, I just found out in Old English and Old German that the name Royce means:
-son of a king or
-prince
(of course Brooks likes the first one)
I liked that, because as we all are, he IS a prince and child of our Heavenly Father.

Mon-Tues- the boys had basketball camp (they loved it)
Thursday- we decided to go to a big ol' drive-thru Christmas light display around here. Well actually, I decided to go and convinced some of our friends to pile in with us in the Yeti to drive through it. Soooo, we left at 6:45 and got back around 10:30!!!! That was almost FOUR hours to go to a LOCAL event. That line was crazy, and considering we had NINE kids in the Yeti with us for that long, it was rather......um.......fun. I just hope the Gassers are still our friends after this.
HOWEVER, once we FINALLY got into the lights Emerson said, "This is the most excitedest day of my LIFE!"

Friday- CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!
Our neighbor brought over some dinosaur/puzzle/wood-build-it things.....that entertained them (and Brooks) for quite some time.
Royce is all ready to go to the Josh and Nikki's annual Christmas Eve party (we look forward to it EVERY year).....trust me, he's excited, he just doesn't look it.
We came home and the kids exchanged the gifts they bought for each other (with some money they earned....which that would've been enough for them for Christmas by how excited they were over the gifts), we read the Christmas Eve book, set out cookies and "healthy things" for Santa (because he would probably get sick of all the treats......or so Bronson decided) and put the kids in bed......all together because on holidays they sleep together.
I just love Christmas w/ kids and all the excitement of it. I was in the BEST mood and busy working on my gift for Brooks....and eh-hum.....other things (little people read this blog) when at about 11:30 pm Camden came in like this.
Brooks saw him first and called to me, "Um, Mom, maybe you should take a break for a second and come see this....." So I did, and now I'll let you see this.....(don't look at this w/ a weak stomach)....keep in mind, they were ALL sleeping together!
Puke everywhere on the floor, wall, bed and MOST of the blankets, stuffed animals, etc. that all three boys piled in the bed to sleep with. Luckily for Bronson and Emerson they came out un-splattered, but I spent the next good while doing laundry, while Brooks.....the man of the hour..... cleaned it all up.
Merry Christmas to us, right? Well, it turns out to be something he ate, because no one else got anything and he was fine the next day for CHRISTMAS!!!!
I love it, I love it, I love it!
DEFINITELY, a lot more pictures to come........

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Eeeewww! I think I am actually smelling throw up RIGHT NOW! Seriously.

He'll just LOVE you for taking that picture of him...in about 8 years from now when you get it out to show his dates! :)

Kat Clark said...

That was so gross. Did you really? I mean did you have to? With no warning? Sheesh lady, that was awful! Just very glad he is better and that no one else went through the pukes. Interestingly enough, Jack puked the day before Christmas eve and none of us got it. Phew! Could've been a chunky Christmas.

Stephanie said...

Poor kid. We've had a couple nights like this in our home...thankfully only a couple. I'm mystified each time though that the kids didn't feel it coming and end up waking up like that. I think one time it happened, we didn't know about it until morning and some of it was dried up. Good thing it wasn't anything contagious. :)