I love Sundays. I do.
The boys have JUST started getting to the stage of not liking it because they just "have to sit and not move".
Aleeya LOVES church because of "Nursery, singing time, Coleson, and Ms. Nikki"
Brooks has meetings on Sunday before church, so I do Sunday mornings solo. Which is fine, because I run a pretty tight schedule then (my mom calls me a "Sargent Mom".....good? bad? Who knows, but it works here.)
Since church starts at 11, (last year it was at 9 and I had to have all the clothes set out the night before.....thankfully, I don't have to do that this year) the kids can play a little before we start the getting ready:
-Iron and set out all the clothes (the kids find their shoes/socks/ties right after breakfast) before 9:30.
-ME ready by 10
-Prepare kids' snack for "bribe" and set it on the table (they can't have it until after they are ready, so I have to be VERY careful it's not messy, or spill-worthy....:) I've learned THAT the hard way)
-10:20- get them ready.
-10:35-snack.....or whenever they finish getting ready
-Between 10:40 and 10:45-load them in the car. It takes exactly 8 minutes to get to church, and I'm a freak about not being late. (we need time so all the boys can pile in the bathroom and empty all their "excuses" for leaving sacrament meeting) I've been late ONCE when Iris was a few months old. I say that because you would THINK it was because of the baby, but no, it was because we couldn't find the boys' shoes......hence, me making them set them out before they can play.
(Why am I a freak about being on time? It all started before I had kids and prego with Bronson. I was visiting my mom and my sister, who had a young baby was late for coming over. Mom said, "When you have kids, YOU will never be on time either."
And if you know me, I took that as a personal challenge for church ever since. :)
Be careful what you "Dare" be to do.)
Anyway, here is what the kids looked like Sunday morning......

They, for some reason, ALL decided to get into Emerson-sized swimsuits and act like turtles, and punch each other's "shells" since it didn't hurt. The things that entertain kids........

Obviously the swimsuits fit some more then others......... :)
But I HAD to post these pictures of my Christmas present!
On Saturday Brooks took me to Hairspray (traveling through here for just a few days) with the tickets Santa threw in my stocking!

It was so cold posing by that sign, but I HAD to have it documented, right?
I just LOVE musicals and the dancing was incredible. For some reason I don't remember it being as......shall I say......suggestive.......but at least I had GREAT company!

I really don't think I can end this post w/o drawing attention to the INCREDIBLY HOT man with his arm around me!
6 comments:
Sounds like I need to become a Sergeant too, at least on Sunday mornings because we are always late! This past week we weren't and I found myself thinking, "oh, this is how the service starts...." :)
i relate to this post all too well. i HATE being late and haven't been once since Dustin was called to the bishopric and i've been solo. i can't say i love sundays though. they're, by far, the MOST stressful day of the week! i always feel so rushed. our ward starts at 10am. the kids get their baths at night, so in the mornings, i wake them up, put their church clothes/shoes on, tame their hair, and hand them a toaster waffle to eat in the car. thankfully, dustin packs the diaper bag for me w/ snacks, sippy cup, and the kids' scriptures. then, it's sacrament meeting sitting alone w/ the kids, then the church meetings, and then off we go back home while dustin stays late to count tithing and then travels 1/2 an hour to the next town to hometeach until about 8 or 9 pm. UGH!
Your crazy to like Sundays. I get the 9am church this year and have to start at 7am or we don't get out the door by 9:40-9:45. I too don't like being late to church. This last week we had to sit in the back because we didn't leave till 9:50. I couldn't trap my kids into the bench.
You two are so cute. Fun to have a great date.
I love the turtle swim party. I am impressed Bronson got that on.
You do love a good challenge.
Your amazing!
Expound MORE on being "Sargeant Mom."
The problem here at my home (because I'm solo, too) is that while I am getting ready, NO ONE else does a darn thing to get ready, even though I had laid out their clothes -- I come out of my bedroom to kids in jammies, bed head, no breakfast, and watching T.V. (even though they know that's totally against the rules!) But, they have the mentality, "If mom's not watching, WHY obey & do what we should?"
There's MANY yelling episodes BEFORE church (have you seen my latest blog post?) and then I walk into church being spiritually prepared - NOT! :(
Genius turtle fighting idea for the kids!!
LOVE Hairspray, I don't remember it being suggestive either, too naive I suppose!! ;)
AND.......WOW I can't make it to church at 1:00 on time and that's with HELP!!!
Post a Comment