Before we moved to St. Louis the kids an I got into watching Food Network shows. After watching a season of Cupcake Wars and that the winner was in St. Louis, the kids said, "PLEASE when we move to St. Louis can we go there?!?!?"
We never really got around to driving everyone downtown for a cupcake....nor did I really want to budget in a ridiculous cost for a baked product. (#cheapomom)
So when Brooks and I were thinking of something fun for us to do as a family to celebrate paying off our debt it was a no brainer that we could go to Jilly's.
(please notice Kellyn's striped tights. She has Aleeya's natural sense of "style")
The cupcake was the size of Everly's head!!!! They each got their own.
I was in charge of testing everyone's.
They were good. But we all agreed they weren't THAT good. I mean, it was a large cupcake. No one's socks were "blown off" (as Emerson would say) by them.
But it was still fun.....and out of character for us in a very celebratory manner.
The babies enjoyed having the older kids home all day too. I never really saw them except to change their bums. (Aleeya is STILL the only kid that I can get to do that.....oh, and Everly.....which is kinda a recurring problem)
I went to look for Wynn to put her to bed three days in a row and I found her asleep and snuggling Aleeya in her bed. So sweet. I can't even get her to fall asleep on me.
New Year's Eve (instead of New Year's Day this year) had the big football games.....and more particularly, the CLEMSON one.
I don't have any Clemson attire for the babies...... I know, I should be fired from SC...... but the babies DID put on their South Carolina flag shirts one to celebrate.
Made by the lovely Sylvia who actually was visiting from SC that day.
(Wynn in the white bow)
And they wouldn't be true southerners if it wasn't monogrammed!
Cute little hiney initials.
There was a LOT of food ready for the game. Iris and Aleeya made the bacon/wienies.
And Everly was in charge of guarding all the food.
Eatin' and watching the game.....
And clearly not watching their plates, because Iley got her hand on a chicken wing and was NOT about to let it go.
Then Wynn got in on the action
They loved them.
#likefatherlikedaughters
It was an awesome game. After I was pooped and was ready to go to bed. The younger kids went to bed but the older boys wanted to stay up and watch a movie until midnight. I told them I was done. Brooks said they could stay up and watch one as long as it was in Spanish. So they picked "Penguins" in Spanish and Brooks sat out there with them. I felt bad (and I have FOMO) so I went out to join them. Brooks said, "I stayed out here because I think one of us should at least stay up if they are."
Sound parenting.
That is until ten minutes later Brooks was zonked out on the couch.
Looks like I was going to be the one staying up......which was fine, because that movie is hilarious.
I think I've only seen Brooks stay awake through 2 whole movies our whole married/dating life!
I don't LOVE big cities, but I will say, there ARE more sounds and fireworks/booms when it hits midnight here.
I LOVED IT!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!













No comments:
Post a Comment