Taking care of 8 kids for 4 days (ESPECIALLY when they aren't yours) requires an act of heroism.... or heroinism as the case may be.
Grandma (Brooks' mom) is pretty amazing. As soon as she walked in the door and gave me a hug she was whisked away to the girls' room and was listening to their favorite songs, reading books and given a THOROUGH (embarrasing) tour of the house. (Pat looks so pretty in this picture)
As I mentioned before she watched all 10 kids that night for a date night for Brooks and me. I love this picture of her "juggling" the twins......#IKnowtheFeeling
During some MAJOR Olypics watching
While we were in Utah the kids had the best time. I stole some pictures from her so the kids can remember this time with her.
She took them to the neighborhood pool!...... where Royce was the only one swimming in his socks there. #imagineTHAT #shortsAlmostFallingOff
And what a LOVELY picture of Iris who for SURE isn't going through an awkward stage or anything.
When you're a Grandma you can make waffles and ice cream for breakfast!!!!
(Side note: WHO has the kids dressed and hair done for BREAKFAST?!?!? Grandma, that's who.)
#prettiestsmile
Getting all 8 kids ready for church I'm sure was quite the task, not to mention dealing with them THERE. I laughed when I saw this picture with the twins' carseat bases being used as scripture holders.
I just loved seeing her and picturing her driving the Yeti around.
Well, she ALSO had two school mornings to deal with. She woke them up at 6 for scriptures and served them breakfast ..... COMBINED with the occasional morning meltdowns! Wow, she's so lucky!
This is Iris mad at Grandma for putting butter on her toast (I always put butter on her toast!!!!)
#ifLooksCouldKill
The older kids go down to the pond/Common's Area by themselves quite often, but I love how she went and caught pictures of them there.
Here's Camden fishing.....he does it a few times a week in the neighborhood's catch and release pond. Can you BLAME the kid for needing some alone time?!?!
Bronson set a goal starting August 1st that he would practice basketball drills for one hour every day (except Sundays) and he is STILL going strong through September.
Grandma took the younger kids to the neighborhood playground.
Man, those swings just look so..... uh....... comfortable!
Part of being a Grandma is giving "Tech Time" to the kids. Clearly, they love it.
During the day with the littles she went to PetSmart and another day to the Zoo!!! (It's free here)
This hippo picture is SO cool... and obviously from the zoo.....NOT from PetSmart. ;)
Thank you THANK YOU Grandma
No comments:
Post a Comment