I get asked that question so many times (refering to having twins) along with "How's it going?"
Besides being the snuggliest little things and a liiiiiiittle piece of double heaven, another word comes to mind...... Exhaustion.

And why my family likes taking pictures of their sleeping mom/wife is beyond me. But they definitely show the OTHER side of having twins.
The above picture is called"You take one, I take the other"
Around 2 or 3 weeks all newborns stop their sleeping-all-the-time and being content phase.
So yes, there was more crying. Usually one would cry and the other would either sleep through it or sit there awake as if listening. Then that one would start crying and the other would stop.
At least SOMEONE was listening to their problems.
Brooks commented, "Theeeeeere's a lot of crying around here now". #totally
There were a few times when they would both get all fired up though.
On the flip side, they are really SO fun. I really REALLY like being a "twin mom". It's a new adventure with double the excitement and double the warm fuzzies in your belly when you watch them sleep.
And DOUBLE the cheer when BOTH TAKE A BOTTLE FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!

Wynn played with her's for a while before she got it down, but Iley knew exactly what to do with it.
Everyone was cheering so loud for them.
(It kinda looks like iley is smiling below. haha)
I was telling my mom that I DEFINITELY get a lot less done. As in my productivity percentages have plummeted....to negative proportions. Which is KIND OF tricky when you're trying to pack and do all the "last times" the kids wanted to do.
I'm also not a pro at ALL at the whole tandem feeding thing so I feed one at a time, burp, then do it all over to the other baby. And during the night when one wakes up, I feed and burp. Then when she's kind of sleepy again while burping I ever-so-softly lay her down only to pick up her SLEEPING sister to feed. The whole time I'm thinking, "WHY IN THE WORLD would I wake up a sleeping baby?!?!" (Answer: to keep them on the same schedule....and to avoid one waking up 1 hour later which would mean ZERO sleep) It's kind of a time-sucker. I felt bad because a lot of their awake time during the day was spent with their sisters so I could keep packing, but they didn't seem to mind. Afterall it's always a lot more fun to play "house" and "Mommies" with real babies then toy babies, right?
They DO look like little dollies though.
My friend monogrammed these swimsuits for them. I LOVE them.
ILEY always looks so much bigger then WYNN in pictures, but they actually weigh the exact same. (8lbs.4oz)
Maybe Wynn just carries her weight better? or ILEY has hollow bones? I don't know, but they are so so cute.
They are pretty good at going with the flow around here. Not like they have a choice or anything.
Nothing says "comfty pillow" then a pee-filled-figeting diaper!
I love their aware-ness of each other.
As exhausting as it does feel sometimes it isn't as "bad" as other twin-moms had warned me. In fact, it's been a LOT easier then some of the things I was told.
They cry sometimes to fall asleep but now are pretty good at falling asleep on their own....and usually end up touching each other somehow when I go in to peek at them. It's like a comfort to them I think. However, not AS comforting when you are the twin sleeping and your sister wakes you up by kicking her feet in your face.
But it IS nice to have someone mutually hold in your binki for you!
But it IS nice to have someone mutually hold in your binki for you!
I know this "newborn" time is so short but I can honestly say I took in every newborn-smell and snuggle time I could. I took FULL advantage of this time knowing how short-lived it is.
They. are. the. best.








3 comments:
The pictures of the girls together are just too cute, even with both of them crying...still cute!! They really do look like little baby dolls! They are so tiny and just have that baby doll face. I bet the girls are in heaven mommying them every chance they get :)
You're keeping ten kids alive. I think that counts as positive productivity proportions.
I love every picture you post of these sweet girls. It's almost, _almost_ giving me baby fever.
Twin girls are pretty much the greatest thing to ever happen in the world.
Post a Comment