Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Dream World Long Weekend


We promised the kids a trip to Great Wolf Lodge this year. When I went to go book us in the largest family suite we realized the max amount of people was 8. And you can't cram more in because everyone needs a wrist band to get to the waterpark.
We either had to book 2 rooms or not all of us go.

After thinking about how NOT fun Everly is to get to sleep in her port-a-crib when we're all in the same room and how tempermental Kellyn is when she's tired it kinda made the decision pretty easy. This would NOT be a whole-family trip. :)
It helps when you have clueless toddlers.

At first I was going to take the older 6 since Brooks knows I love places like this and watching the kids' faces. But early January I told Brooks I was just too worn out and exhausted to do it. (this was BEFORE I knew I had twins) PLUS, I couldn't go on the slides with them and everyone KNOWS Dad is more fun in the water then beached-whale Mom.
And staying home with Kellyn and Everly who still take long naps and go to bed between 6:30 and 7 at night sounded quite dreamy to me.
There was ONE condition though...... Brooks HAD to take pictures so I could see their faces and hear/see all about it. I have FOMO. ("Fear of Missing Out)

When he came home proudly and showed me his pictures, I couldn't help but laugh. He didn't have cute pictures of them in the hotel room with 5 kids sharing 3 bunkbeds just because they thought they were cool.
(*hotel picture*)

But he ended up with a whole phone full of pictures of my kids wrestling in the wave pool.

 Who's watching these kids anyway?
 A LOT of blurry smiles though

And more dunking pictures.... because what makes a mom more comfortable then knowing her 6 kids are busy holding each other under the water......with smiles on their faces.

Camden and Emerson in the background....still wrestling.

 No waterslide pictures, or the big water tower pouring on their heads. Just wrestling in the wave pool pictures. haha.
Apparently they had a blast though and Bronson-Royce were the PERFECT ages to take and super low maintenance.

Then before they left Brooks remembered to take a few more in the hotel hallway.

And of them eating huge ice cream sundaes and pizza before they left to come home.

CLEARLY these girls' mom wasn't there to make their hair not look so homeless. Not to mention rip that ridiculous bandana off Emerson's head. :)

They had a BLAST and I loved hearing all about it. I also loved the SUPER relaxing and low key night I had with my two baby girls.

The NEXT day was when we rescheduled Bronson's bday party at the trampoline park (snow storm on the original day). 
I was AMAZED I got 5 thirteen year olds to smile for me!!! #Imustbemagic

The only other pictures I got were of these two having the time of their lives.

I wasn't about to venture in the Dodgeball arena to capture the older kids and Brooks in a picture. Talk about the biggest walking target EVER!

Then the NEXT day was Sunday/Valentine's Day!!!!
Keeping with tradition we gave the kids each a poem on a heart with hints and clues to have them find their Valentines from us. Kellyn found her's first and thinks balloons are probably the best things ever.

All the girls were squealing when they found their purses/make-up and treats.

Royce, of course, got some Lego guys mixed in with his treats. #angelface

And the boys all disappeared wearing their new slippers so they could read their 9 total Calvin and Hobbs books while eating all their treats.

It's like the kids were living in a DREAM world for a few days doing over-the-top entertaining things and being spoiled.
So come Monday (President's Day) when they didn't have school they probably shouldn't have been surprised when I put them all to work to bring them back to reality. :)
Good ol' Camden got to empty to the whole toilet so Brooks could take it off when he got home from work. #luckykid
Welcome back to the REAL world!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Sounds so fun Baloo! I know that place is a blast for the kids. I'm glad you got to rest at home, and I can relate to that fear of missing out. It's hard to miss seeing the kids making fun memories. We are so glad you are doing well though and getting closer to having those twins! We all love you!

Linsey said...

I don't know what sounds better, the weekend with the kids at Wolf Lodge or staying home to relax with an almost empty house! Definitely a win win for everyone I would say. And happy birthday Papi!! Seriously, such a handsome guy. Can't believe he's so old!