I LOVE parties!!! Especially parties where it's just the adults!!!!
So when Brooks told me his work was having a party at his boss' house, I couldn't WAIT. Brooks didn't want to go and was probably hoping I wouldn't feel healthy enough to go. :)
This would ALSO be my FIRST time meeting all his co-workers and them meeting me! (The sickly prego lady that all of them had been praying for, I guess, and sticking me on their church prayer lists)
Here we are, ready to go! (16 weeks prego here)
I had a blast, and the food was SUPER. (It was katered) I even ALMOST won the whole game of Scattergories with everyone but lost by one point! Arg. Besides me mentioning our boys liking to make pee-circles in the snow, I think the night was a success.
(Sometimes I wonder if I should be allowed in public!)
The next party I couldn't wait to go to was my friend's Ugly Sweater/White Elephant Party on December 23rd.
There were also going to be BIGTIME prizes for the sweater winners and games.
I had found some normal sweaters at Goodwill at the first of December. (apparently a prego belly grows a TON in three weeks and mine ended up being kinda short by the party, but I just threw a shirt under it)
EVERYONE at the party were HUGE Clemson fans, so the ugliest thing to THEM would probably be someone showing up in their biggest state rivals team colors/sweater. So that's what I made for Brooks.
Go Gamecocks?
(Brooks is SUCH a good sport. He HATES dressing up and it was the itchiest wool sweater ever. Not to mention he had a fever and chills and had been feeling awful at work all day. BUT he knew how badly I wanted to go so he didn't even suggest not going.)
Since I HAVE something no one else at the party had, I decided to use my belly to my advantage and create this:
18 weeks and HUUUUUUUUGE now.
(the belly just came out of no where and "popped right out".....or at least that's what I hear EVERY DAY from ANYONE with a MOUTH!)
We didn't end up winning any sweater awards, but heck, it was still fun to try to create them. (and sneak the elf out of the house w/o the kids knowing and attaching it to my shirt and covering him up.....it was like a spy mission!)
There were quite a few games though....and I told Brooks we WOULD go home with a winning prize. I thought we had it too when we made it to the finals against another couple for throwing Reese's and Brooks catching them in his mouth......but we LOST!
My prego-light-headedness is to blame for me losing my lead in the "sucking" game. I lost by a few M&Ms. Unbelievable.

Apparently, I'm not a champion in the candy cane moving department either.

I could just FEEL each loss go through our fingers over and over again.
I even resorted to using my teeth in this game and STILL came out prize-less!
Pretty sure I also pulled a ligament trying to shake the "junk"/bells out of my trunk. #loser
Brooks FINALLY came through for us though when he and his friend won the reindeer game thanks to Brooks' master balloon-speed-blowing-up skills!
The men
Women
If there's ONE thing I get really into, it's a white elephant gift exchange. (nothing over $5-ish bucks) I LOVE thinking of something creative or anything that might bring a smile. Since there was two of us, he had to bring two gifts to give.
Here was the first one:
If you haven't heard of "Poo-pourri" (or seen their commercial!!!) then I guess it wouldn't be funny. :)
Earlier in the week I saw a friend post something that she had gotten from a work gift exchange. As SOON as I saw it, I showed Brooks and said, "THAT is what I want to make for our other gift! Now you just have to teach me how to use a drill gun."
I guess those were the magic words because my husband ALSO thought it was funny but more importantly he likes using his drill gun.
So I found a shelf ($4) at Goodwill and a baby doll. ($1)
Brooks made the whole thing for me!!!!!! (I love him) and then I sanded it at the end.
Here's the shelf we made!
hahahaha
The couple who received the gift is actually the only people who would ACTUALLY put this up in their house. He said he can't wait to hang his keys on a thumbs up sign everyday.
BWHAHAHA.













2 comments:
Your sweater was the BEST! You should have won-that is hilarious.
I love ugly sweater parties too. I should incorporate some games into mine. How fun! Love your sweaters and that present you made is hilarious!
Post a Comment