How many times do you get TWO sets of grandparents fly in at the EXACT same time to spend 4 days with you?!?!?!
Well that happened to my lucky kids!
When they arrived it was fun just seeing the kids snuggle up to everyone just like no time had lapsed since we saw them!!

While the older kids were at school and Brooks at work, I was grateful Pat and RA came and grabbed the younger three and took them to a Bounce House, Monkey Joes. Pat got a cute picture of these two.
I wasn't there, but I can imagine Everly was pretty cautious through the whole thing.
Later they checked these three boys out of school early to go golfing
and then introduce them to Cookout shakes. I personally think they taste like a regular shake but my kids think they are amazing and around here people brag about them.
My parents came over during the day and did some things to make life easier for me. They even got my Christmas tree downstairs and set it up so we could have our Thanksgiving Tree up.....since they know how much we love it.
And get this, IT WAS MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY TOO!!!!!!
Nothing says "Happy Birthday" like, "Hey mom, how about doing my work for me for a while." :)
She DID have quite the table of birthday singers though to enjoy her Marie Calendar's Cherry Pie (aren't I the best hostess)?
Saturday morning Camden and Emerson had their first flag-football games of the season...and what a treat to have the grandparents there. I was so grateful Pat took her camera for me and that the grandparents made sure Brooks didn't leave anyone there. :)
The menfolk watching the game
Iris snuggling Grams. I love this picture.
After the games, all the menfolk went golfing.....
While the Grandmas took Aleeya to buy a new dress for her baptism. Apparently it was the second one she tried on and KNEW it was the one she wanted.
Then Grandma and Grams took Aleeya and Iris downtown Greenville to find the 9 "Mice on Main". There's a Children's book sold downtown to help find the 9 metal mice, scavenger-hunt-style and we've actually never done it.
Here they are starting by the first one, "Marvin".
They were gone a WHILE but apparently found them all! My girls absolutely LOVED it.
And they bought them metal mice to remember it.
Everly warmed RIGHT up to the grandparents. A little TOO much!!! She didn't want ANYTHING to do with me or Brooks if there was a grandparent (ESPECIALLY a Grandma) in the room. When she woke up from her nap she just came out and walked straight to RA and sat there and snuggled him.
Then later after her snack she made herself comfortable on Grampy's lap for the rest of the time. #spoiledrotten
Here is Grandma taking these three rascals on a walk.......
It wasn't just ANY walk.....she walked them to Wendy's for frosties, then across a few parking lots to Burger King to lunch/playground. I guess Kellyn didn't want to leave (imagine that!) and started losing it. I laughed when Pat came back and said she told Royce she was going to leave Kellyn at Kmart! He wouldn't let her.
The thing is, it's too funny to me because I would've felt the same way!!!!
My kids are SO lucky to have these four in their lives.
AND our Thanksgiving tree had fun answers on it this year from the grandparents that have never made an appearance on our tree yet!.... things like, "hole-in-one" and "fireworks"



















1 comment:
So fun for the kids Baloo!
Post a Comment