While in Utah I was able to get a quick get-away with my sister in law at the temple and then out to eat. I haven't seen her in 8 years and she's one of those people you just miss being around.
Speaking of sisters......my two sisters, mom and I went had a Sisters-Sleepover at a hotel one night. The fact that NO ONE told me we would be taking pictures is quite obvious. ;)


I got to pick the place to eat. Of COURSE I picked one of my most favorite-est restaurant (that my husband doesn't like)...... CRACKER BARRELL!!!!!!
I love this little game on the table.....except when it tells me I'm "just plain dumb"
My mom did the best, apparently getting the title of "purty smart" leaving only two left. So next time she tries to convince me that "She's losing her mind" I will remind her of this game.
It was a fun night of laughing, crying (afterall, we ARE Degn girls), dancing, laughing and collectively swearing off ANY drink coming in a 32 oz. cup.... thanks to my sister Sarah.
Brooks and I loaded the kiddos up for one more visit up to my parent's house..... THIS time w/o all the cousins there. Not that the noise level went down or anything, my kids took care of that. But it DID give more time for raspberry picking....a LOT of it.
Honestly, if I couldn't find Brooks he was usually in the raspberry patch, because as you can see, you can get lost in there.
The kids basically all separated in their own areas be it the trampoline, zipline, "Girls-room", playing pool or hiding out and playing in the play-house.
I didn't want to distrupt them but I had to get a picture. They were just too cute playing in there.... FOREVER.
Grams and Grampy also took us to the movie "Inside Out" and to Hyrum Dam to spend some water-time......we actually got the water time from the raining sky that day too. :)
Down a little ways from my parents house is a "water-hole" where a train runs by. Brooks wanted to introduce the kids to something HE always did as a kid and that was putting pennies on the train tracks to flatten them when they got run over. They REALLY thought this was cool.
There's a ropeswing at the watering hole that the kids had fun on.
That is, until Camden pushed Emerson off too fast and he fell in the freezing water.
Which only meant that Camden ended up having to be pushed in and completely submerged. #eyeforaneye
Wellsville is such small farm-like town that you can just stand on the back of the truck riding back home.....with cows grazing in the background. It was fun seeing my kids have so much fun there.
Before leaving town we drove to Texas Roadhouse where my little brother is the manager.... we wanted ONE more quick visit to see "Uncle Boy" before we flew back home.
I love this picture Brooks took of us eating......Everly was SO SO SO busy there that I had to hold her in the death grip and couldn't cut my food. So just like when I was a little girl, by dad cut up my food for me.
One quick drive-by the Logan Temple where Brooks and I were married. My kids had never seen it!!! Such a special place for me. Oh, and I didn't edit the picture at all! Doesn't this look like the temple is glowing?!?!? So cool.
As I was walking through the house making sure we didn't forget a THING Brooks had to squeeze in ooooooone more pool game with my brother and niece. And he won, obviously, since they are hanging their heads in shame.














2 comments:
The selfie with your mom and sisters is the best. So much love and joy and beauty in that picture! What a fun night!
Your mom's house looks like so much fun!! I actually love the picture of your dad at the piano that's hanging above the piano. I bet your mom just loved having you there. A grandma's dream!!
Post a Comment