Even though we told the kids we went to Utah instead of a big week-long beach vacation I couldn't pass up a quick one-nighter with the family. Brooks had to work in Myrtle Beach anyway so me and the kids decided to come along. After all, WHAT use is living 4 hours from the beach if you never go ONCE in the summer!!!!???
So two days after we got home from Utah, we packed up again for the beach.
Although the view was nice from our balcony, let's just say, I didn't pick a winner when it came to the hotel.
But hey, it had a hot tub which counts for SOMETHING, right?
Let's face it, we came for the beach anyway and we spent almost ALL of our time there while Daddy was working. Even Everly took to the sand this time. It got old for her during naptime and she didn't want anything to do with the water, but all in all, she wasn't too bad.
Sweet baby.
Kellyn was more brave this time too. She giggled SO hard when Aleeya and her would wait for a wave and then jump over it together. But this is about as far as Kellyn would go out.....thankfully. (easier to keep an eye on her this way)
The other 6 kids LOVE the beach though. I mean LOVE it and ALWAYS talk about it.
I was mostly impressed with Iris (usually more cautious) and Royce this time. I could NOT get them out of the water. They took some boards and kept riding the waves back in over and over.....for hours.
It was trickier to get the older boys in a picture since they would go out far, jump over waves, ride them in, dunk each other, etc.
A few times Royce wanted to be with the big kids and Bronson would jump over the waves with him on his back. It was so sweet. #olderbrothersarethebest
Obviously, I couldn't go in the water since I had my two land-locked babies. I would just sit in my chair and look out at my kids all playing, laughing and enjoying themselves TOGETHER and I couldn't help but think, "They are so lucky to have each other".
I was overwhelmed with that warm-Mommy feeling that tells me "I have the best job ever".
The day before we left I was on facebook and saw a picture of one of my close friends from when I lived in Brazil as a teenager standing in front of the farris wheel in Myrtle beach!!! I quickly contacted her and sure enough, SHE WAS THERE!!!! So I met up with two of my FAVORITE Brazilian friends EVER! (they are sisters)
My portuguese totally bit the BIG one, but still it was SO nice to get all our families together.
It was funny seeing our little girls interacting with neither of them speaking the same language.
Kellyn just warmed RIGHT up to Camila though, language barrier or NOT! She knew Camila would hold her and snuggle her all day, so she took FULL advantage of it. #opportunistchild
We are REALLY looking forward to spending more time at the beach next summer. This quick jaunt was just too short!
















5 comments:
Was that hotel worse than the one on the way to Utah?? How fun that you got to see your friends from Brazil and to see them at the beach is even better. I often look at my kids and think that they are so lucky to have each other too! Siblings make the best friends.
I often think how great having a big family is. If you were mad at one of them, you always had someone else to talk to.
Love that they got to hit the beach too this summer! You gave them awesome memories!!!
The beach says VACATION!! Don't you think? I'm so glad you had a good view to somewhat make up for the hotel! It looks beautiful and so fun!! And how cool to see your friends from Brazil in SC!! I bet that was so special for all of you :)
Small world??? Love that your Brazilian friends happened to be in SC.
Ahhhh the BEACH. There is something magical about it at any age!
Post a Comment