"Tio Bug" came to our house to visit for a little bit while he was in Atlanta for work 2 Sundays ago.
And when I say "little bit", I mean a few hours.....but my kids couldn't have been happier. They LOVE Tio Bug and they would take only one minute with him if they could.
Kellyn really doesn't like men so I was curious how she would react to him since last she saw him she was an infant. But he just snatched her up (right after a nap too.....I know during the MOST ornery time!) and she let him.
I don't know if it's because he reminded her so much of her dad, or because he has a little girl her same age so knew the tricks or.......
because he kept letting her play on his phone. (Kellyn's favorite thing in the whole world. I'm thinking I may tell Santa to stuff her stocking with old broken cell phones from people) But either way, she loved him.
First time meeting Tio Bug for Everly and she liked it. But then again, she hasn't ever NOT liked anyone that holds her but don't tell him that. (sorry for the double negative Mom)
We had to jam in as much as we could with Bug while he was here. So the boys got to throw the baseball with him, eat, Play "Up Smith" and have a brother one-on-one basketball show-down.
Bug was a newbie when it came to "Up Smith" but he caught on fast.....except that one time when I tricked him. Beginners mistake.... ;)
It was me and the boys vs. this fearsome team. See how intense? Now which hand is the penny under.....
The sad thing about this is my super long winning streak (Brooks and I are never on the same team) was broken that night. Bug/Brooks and girls beat us by one. I couldn't believe it.
Then Brooks and Bug had a one-on-one dunking contest in our living room. Yes, our basketball net is in the living room hanging on our front door.......classy huh.
Brooks ended up winning in his cute church clothes, but just in case no one believes those results I video-taped it all.
Bug's 2 attempts:
(this picture rocks).
Brooks' for the win:
It's so cute seeing brothers still enjoy being around each other as adults. You can see how much Brooks loves it (the winning AND being with his brother) by his giggle and smile afterward.
Come back soon Bug. I'm demanding an "Up Smith" rematch and the boys wanna go golfing!








1 comment:
Bronson was so happy to see the update...after the Gratitude Rundown post he tried not to smile as he said, "She didn't post about ME!?" Haha. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first picture of cute Kellyn with that huge smile on her face and Brons. You know that totally made his day that they were little buddies!! And it's such a good thing you took video of the dunking contest, because as a Smith you know they will have opposing views :) It is so fun to see the brothers having so much fun together! Wish I could have been there. We miss you!
Post a Comment