Although I'm basically done w/ putting things away and decorating the new house now, Aleeya beat me to it. She "decorated" her room probably the 2nd day we were here by taping all these random.....I mean "BEAUTIFUL" things to the wall in her room.
And she even "decorated" her bed with jewels and "beautiful" cut out colored pictures.
As Aleeya says, "It's beautiful" now. And speaking of the word "beautiful" Aleeya came to me yesterday BEGGING for a haircut. That's usually just a trim for the girls. I had recently given the boys haircuts and they all got their reward/suckers, I figured she was just doing it for the sucker.
I finally gave in and when we went in the bathroom she said, "I want it THIS short" (as she pointed to her chin). I knew THAT haircut was NOT in my straight-line-across-the-back repertoire.....so I convinced her to go a little past her shoulders.
While I was cutting it I kept seeing her cheeks bones go up from behind. She could NOT stop smiling.
I think it turned out SO stinkin cute on her.
When I asked her what made her want to cut it short (afterall, she's had Rapunzel-mentality her WHOLE LIFE!), she said, "Now I'll go to school and everyone will say, 'OH ALEEYA! You cut your hair! It's just so BEAUTIFUL!!!!'.
Uh-oh.
I mean AH-OH!!!!!
I'm assuming there was a girl in the class that just recently got her haircut and that's what happened to her? Maybe?
There are a few problems with this:
1) I have a child dependent on her confidence by what other people say. (who isn't though?)
2) What if she goes to school today and they DON'T verbatim repeat what she THINKS is going to come out of their mouths?!?!? Do you REALIZE who pays the piper when THAT happens?!?!?
ME!!!!!
I'm curious as to how this afternoon will go when I pick them up. She's either going to be glowing, or I'm going to spending the rest of the afternoon assuring her of her beauty and the whole sticks-n-stones talk (AGAIN!!!! I feel like I have that talk with my kids all too often)
On to another haircut...........the BIG one............for Royce.
When I cut it and turned around and looked at me and I literally stumbled back.
I. was. staring. at. Emerson...........only 4 years younger!!!!
CLEARLY our genes liked that pattern enough to duplicate it again.........well, THAT, or we're not very creative.
But I looked out my kitchen window yesterday seeing my four short-haired boys throwing the ball with dad in the backyard and just felt so.........complete. This picture is perfect to me.
(as soon as Royce saw Camden grab his mitt, he ran to find his and was out there before 2 of his brothers........see? I don't have to worry about him being surrounded by girls!) ;)






3 comments:
I love Aleeya so much with her decorations and her constant grins. The fact that you could see her cheekbones while you we're doing it is just too precious. I hope everyone threw praise on her! She is so funny (and pretty!).
Royce. Oh my goodness. It is... I don't even have a word for it. I feel like there needs to be some kind of contest where you could enter that picture and win something.
Your attitude is amazing and inspiring! I read your moving post a few days ago but am just now commenting. I have been thinking about how positive you are since then, though! So happy you got a better house!
It's ok, Aleeya, that's why I get my hair cut, too.
I want to see pics of the rest of your house! Looks like a nice big back yard!
There is something about that smile on Royce's face that reminds me of Diddy. It's almost like they know they can get away with something because of their cuteness. I love him in the back playing ball with the brothers. Aleeya's decorations look great! I bet they bring a smile to your face everytime you walk in the room.
Post a Comment