Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sneezy Snake?

Not quite sure how to combine this post so "Sneezy Snake" works for me........

Last week Brooks took the boys and Aleeya to go frog-catching. This was his first time taking them (and probably his last time I will send him!!!!). They came back with 6 frogs and this 12 inch snake.

I'm brave/tough/tolerable-of-animals/etc. but for some reason this thing gave me the willies.

The kids loved it. 


I guess Aleeya saw it first and screamed and started running down the trail and Emerson actually caught it. So it was "his". He played with it all morning after he woke up.


He even let it play in his toy tank...........
and that's when the snake crawled in a teeny hole and got stuck. Couldn't. get. out.
The boys grabbed all Brooks' tools and got the part open that had his body stuck but the head was still stuck under the big thing and it really was impossible to get out.

Pretty soon the little thing stopped moving.

and Emerson didn't take it so well.
I DID feel bad for Emerson and for the snake (sort of)..........
but I'm kinda glad he's not around anymore. (In my defense I never would've let it be brought home in the first place!) I know, I'm bad.

and moving right along.........

Iris' friend is OBSESSED with "Sneezy" from Snow White. So when her birthday came around I wanted to find something Sneezy. Aaaaaaaaaand, that's not so easy. (I'm a poet! I'm a poet!)
Along w/ stickers and candy we ended up making these 2 shirts w/ freezer paper. It's been years since I've done it and I forgot how fun/rewarding it is.

Here's the before-the-paint after I cut out the designs and ironed them on:


Here are the after-shots. I think the face one turned out cool!


5 comments:

Miles said...

Love the shirts; turned out awesome! The possibilities are endless with freezer paper!

No words for the snake; none.

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I am going to have to look into freezer paper. And loved the joke! Ha ha. Oh, I am actually surprised the snake got stuck! One would think it could wriggle through practically anything.

Babelicious said...

You're REALLY nice to let a snake into the house. Even a tiny one like that. That-would-NEVER-happen-here!! I think it would completely send Olivia over the edge. She was hysterical over a snake that she knew was made of rubber. If she actually saw one slither around the house, she'd never sleep again!!
Cute Sneezy shirts!!

Hmachine said...

VERY cool shirts! I'm going to have to remember that! AND UGGH on the snake. I'm pretty tolerable of animals/insects/spiders/etc, but NOT snakes. .... YUCK! Glad it was you and not me!! :) :)

Linsey said...

(Almost caught up! I haven't been on the blogs in over a week!!) I actually felt bad for the snakes slow, painful death...but totally happy for you that you didn't have to see that in your house!! Royce is the cutest!