Tuesday, November 15, 2011

School Pictures

You ALWAYS send your child to school on picture day HOPING they'll come back w/ some winners. Bronson's were great.
Camden didn't turn IN the money so he didn't get any.
And here are Emerson's...........and well..........they're so him.

This kid will march to the beat of his own drum (unlike Camden who won't even eat his favorite food in his lunch because it "looks weird" to the other kids and he doesn't want them to laugh.)
You just HAVE to know Emerson to get it.
Well, his kindergarten teacher is from Colombia and to help the kids remember to speak Spanish in class, she will wear her "Poncho Magico" (Magic Poncho....as if that wasn't obvious!) and it's "magic" and she'll start speaking Spanish when she wears it. She can ONLY speak English when she's not. At the first of the year for kids that have a hard time speaking spanish, she'll let them wear it and since it's "so magic", they can all of a sudden speak spanish. (so cute)

Well, Camden has some cut-out-fabric tunics for his knight outfit for Halloween. I went to go return them to the lady we borrowed them from and couldn't find them. I see Emerson come off the bus wearing one.
And now......for the past 2 weeks he insists on wearing HIS Poncho Magico everyday to school to be like his teacher.
He is SO funny. He had me cut out a few more when I didn't let him keep wearing dirty ones to school. :) What a character. He doesn't even seem to care that all the upper-class students stare at him.
Well, I guess whatever works to improve your Spanish! (You watch, one day he'll go on a mission to a Spanish-speaking country and wear a poncho magico. HA HA HA)

4 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That is so funny. Lee is going to have to do that--get a magic hat or poncho or something! This summer with moving and starting the business, he stopped speaking Spanish. Well, not all together, but now it's not 90% of the time (or more) like it used to be. Maybe 10% now. Too bad I don't know Spanish....I guess that's my own problem though, huh!

hughesfamily said...

How do I get an Emerson?!!? What is the secret? I need one!

Niederfam said...

I have yet to buy a school picture. I'm no photographer, but I can take an equally cheezy picture from home anyday. ;)

Oh and I did post the pedicure picture of P, just for you!!!! ;)

w and w said...

so funny. So where's yours? Let's just say this: Sunday, don't let me down.