Monday, November 14, 2011

I'm thankful

that Royce doesn't feel like THIS anymore........
The poor feverish kid would just sit and fall asleep sitting up, snuggle and just let us cradle him. As much as I liked the snuggling, I'm glad I have my Royce back.

However all that holding got him thinking that's how things work around here.....and well, it doesn't. So then he would just follow me around whining. The ONLY cure for it would be to leave the back door open. (good thing the weather has been amazing)
His absolute FAVORITE spot is on the back deck. I don't know why.
He could be screaming and then he'll see the door open, go through the screened in porch and up on the deck. He would literally just walk around it for a hour. He can't get down from it, so he stays on it and plays w/ leaves/cars or whatever.
He LOVES it.

Oh, and get this, I looked out my window and saw my behind-neighbor putting in a gate!!!
(Before there was just a fence there). Do you know what THAT means?!??!!
That means that we don't have to walk around the block to use their pool in the spring and summer!!!!!!!!!WA-HOO!!!!! See, here's PROOF that at least SOME neighbors like us. So all you other neighbors that have had your recycling bins rummaged through for cans, or yards pooped in (don't ask), or fences hopped to pet your dogs, or rotten apples thrown at your cars (don't ask again) or kids running through with guns trying to shoot squirrels, TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT THIS PICTURE!

3 comments:

hughesfamily said...

I would love it if you were m y neighbor!

Stephanie said...

I'm sure your family makes great neighbors. That's so nice of your neighbor to put a gate in their fence. We have some people in our neighborhood that have gates in their privacy fences so the kids can wander into each others' yards. Thankfully, we don't have to fence our kids in anymore. :)

Babelicious said...

It's too bad you can't send your little man our way...we'd love to snuggle him!