Monday, November 28, 2011

The best part

My FAVORITE part of Thanksgiving though was after we ate piling EVERYONE into the Yeti and heading down to the church to play baseball w/ Brooks' pitching machine (his baby...)
(I love all those happy faces......poor Ry Gy had Iris insist he sit next to her)

Iris had to go potty when we got there and LUCKY US, she found a little "bicho" (bug) friend!
She loves bichos so much and never lets go of them......and kisses them a lot.
So while Iris was playing with her bug, Royce was wandering around after the 20+ balls on the floor, the rest of us split up and played a game of baseball.

SOME of us were a little better sports then others.......
(Emerson would get SO mad/sad when he would strike out. The pitching machine is actually pretty fast.)

Speaking of mad/sad......Iris bicho died (can't IMAGINE how!!!!) and she was beside herself.
Team A........ready to bat.
And Team B......I think it's important to note that the score was 4 to 9 (for the OTHER team) when this picture was taken......but we still had hope when we started batting.
And, do you REALLY think I would get so excited about a baseball game if we lost? Come on!!! So, RIGHT after we took this picture (prophetic picture I might add) we TOTALLY dominated and finished the game w/ Bronson hitting a grand slam.
Final score: 17-9
FOR US!

I would say we worked off quite a bit of the Thanksgiving meal by then......well, at least enough to run home and eat some of the pies! ;)

2 comments:

Adriana said...

Ok first of all you are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo skinny!!!! :0
Secondly, I couldn't stop laughing from beginning to end especially over Iris' dead bug friend jajaja!

hughesfamily said...

I will be cracking up about Iris all night. Love it!

You have the best family! So much fun!