Sunday, September 26, 2010

Are you sitting down?

Because if you're NOT sitting down, you better for what I'm about to tell you.
Guess what we just did this last weekend?.........

We went camping!
I know, I know, any of you that knows Brooks, would think that was NEVER going to be on our family outing option list, but it happened.
And we actually had a GREAT time.
(Like I knew we would.....but I try not to be an I-told-you-so wife.......well, most of the time)

We went w/ our friends, the Wards. And the BEST part is, they rode up in the Yedi with us. When we pulled up the check-in people gave our van quite a look.
They're probably just jealous. :)

Here we are burning sticks. Which is what they did most of the time....well, that and throwing acorns at each other the size of apricots!
The weather was AWESOME, and we didn't spot a mosquito the whole time.
Aleeya and Will played and played......and we're STILL not sure when it turned into topless play, but it did.
Camden, Emerson and Jonah crammed into this TEENY TEENY tent. It was so funny.
The night:
If I told you it was my favorite part, I would be lying. And SINCE we don't have any camping supplies, I thought my couple of "puffiest" blankets might be enough under us.....on the tent pad......that was under an acorn tree. Let's just say, I slept HORRIBLY! After waking up over 10 times with my hips falling asleep no matter what side I slept on, I decided to sleep in the Yedi. The seat belts were a WELCOME bump to sleep on after those acorns.
Truly, I'll be better prepared next time.
On the bright side, I woke up feeling freshed. Weird huh.
(they had hot showers and clean bathrooms as an added plus!)

And the kids made it through the night too!
(and of course asked again for S'mores)
We went on a hike down to some waterfalls, because the lake/swimming area was closed.
But the kids still had the best time.


I know what you're thinking.....first a topless picture, and now pantless, but this girl doesn't seem to care............AND she STILL has the guy, so whatever she's doing is working.
Lessons learned:
1) WHEN we go back, it will be for more then one night. That's a lot of work for one night and we seriously could've stayed a few, the kids loved it.
2) I need to watch Craigslist for some camping supples (as in a TENT, sleeping bags?, eggshell pad, propane lantern, and camping chairs). I never wanted to buy anything before since I wasn't sure if they'd ever be used, but I could see them being used QUITE often in our future......and Brooks feels the same (as long as there's a shower)
3) My kids LIVE for being outside and free. Camping fits with our family and better yet, no phone ringing or emails to pull any of us away from each other.

And to top it ALL off, I got to come home, head down to the church, eat some fruit and chocolate and watch the General Relief Society Meeting with my chicas. Wow....is all I can say.
If you missed it, at LEAST watch President Monson's talk....reading it just doesn't do it justice.
You can watch it HERE



5 comments:

Gabe said...

did aleeya cut her bangs...silly

Nikki said...

So glad you had a great time camping! We can never fit in enough of it each summer...camping memories are always the best.

Leah said...

You should check the sporting stores now. They tend to put stuff like on sale at the end of summer. I can not believe you went camping while prego! We went camping with the Butlers this summer had a little fun. i would rather wait till Landon is a little bigger till we go again though. We have a massive tent. It's called a 3 room lodge. We got it for $110 at walmart this year. I consider it a part of our 72 kit just in case we have to leave town in a hurry. So that justifies the price i think. But seriously 110 is cheap for the size of the tent we bought!
PS. that picture of Camden in the water is beautiful! You have to frame it!

Gabe said...

aleeya you look silly with that haircut

The Ward's said...

We had a blast! I love the pics of the kids! We will have to go again, but only after you have some good sleeping gear. I think I'm still recovering from eating so many smores!!!